The New $99 Neurophone

One of the original brain hacking devices was the neurophone invented by Patrick Flanagan in 1958 when he was only 13. The neurophone brings the left and right hemispheres of the brain into balance and increases IQ. Unfortunately, to get one today cost $800.

There is a crowd funding movement afoot to fund a $99 neurophone, slated to come out around Q3 2015. Here is a link to the website: http://www.newneurophone.com/

If you are one facebook, there is a group at this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/neurophonevolunteers/

Comments

• Thanks Prana, I'll be watching this one closely.

I haven't done much digging into it's mechanism of action...but I wonder if it would interfere with the work I'm currently doing using a 4ch EEG neurofeedback setup? Hmm.

• Hendo, I don't know. But it seems like if you have higher left/right hemisphere coherence, you might have more movement with the neurofeedback.

• Flanagan's device apparently works but reports of overheating and 

breakdown have been widely reported. Some people have looked over the 

patents and found that the device will overheat itself and cause damage to 

the circuitry, because it isn't equipped with a heat sink, which is a 

programming aid that allows the circuitry to cool itself off as it runs. Without 

this circuitry, the resistors within the circuit alter over time until the skin induced 

audio no longer functions.

The "newer $399 model" supposedly doesn't have these issues. I don't 

know if this is true.

I've read that there is only about $50 in parts for this device. The neurophone 

creates a 5 volt signal which is passed through 2 electrodes that can be 

placed anywhere on the body , touching the skin . The signal created within 

the nervous system of the user is understood by the brain as a sound . I'd 

like someone to produce one for $99 or under or go to a DIY blog where I 

can build one myself and save some money.

• Qi_PowerQi_Power I'll help if I can

Hey Prana, 

Sorry to jack your thread here with something unrelated.

I wanted to PM you about this, but couldn't see a way on your profile. I found your site:

http://www.diypemf.com/a-simple-pemf-device/

and am VERY interested in this, after nearly investing in a EarthPulse, and then just not having the cash.

Can you please either PM me here or email me? I just have a couple of questions about the setup (I've

already ordered the coils of ebay) 

My email is newplacetostay [at] gmail.com

Thanks mate!!

My baby:

AHCm5sm.jpg

1) My research into leaky gut, and colostrum as a healing supplement.

2) I had crazy insomnia for about 6 straight months. I found a solution, you can read my story on PEMF sleep therapy here.

3) I've been successfully making a full-time income online now for 10 years (running online businesses) eg Samurai Web Consulting - hit me up if interested in private coaching or SEO Consultancy.

• I would not recommend dealing with the Flanagan Neurophone manufacturers basically because I busted them scheming with views and sales. Fresh out of the teenage years I bought an original Neurophone which was shipped to me in a shoebox and had a piece of wood inside the Neurophone to keep the battery in place, a very, very freaking cheap production. However that's not my problem, later on, Flanagan collaborated with a video maker "BuzzBroz" aka Ken Sheetz(cheats) to create "viral" videos, which indeed did go viral but nonetheless with FAKE views, and I mean fake as in obviously BS fake, generating 1 million views in one week doesn't end up with 0 comments and 20 likes... for starters, I contacted Phisciences(the company producing these) that I opposed the way these videos were promoted by adding fake views, did not hear back from them. So "recently" their "new" Neurophone was announced after a "successful" indiegogo.com campaign, well guess what? Look at the people who funded it and you'll see that almost all of them donated the exact amount of 4444 dollars. 6000 people amassing to over a million dollar. Seriously do yourselves a favor and stay far away from this, you're doing your intellect a massive disfavor.

• I was a lot of this kind of technology and the Wearable Technology Exbo, it all seemed to be based on very lose science. 

• I would not recommend dealing with the Flanagan Neurophone manufacturers basically because I busted them scheming with views and sales. Fresh out of the teenage years I bought an original Neurophone which was shipped to me in a shoebox and had a piece of wood inside the Neurophone to keep the battery in place, a very, very freaking cheap production. However that's not my problem, later on, Flanagan collaborated with a video maker "BuzzBroz" aka Ken Sheetz(cheats) to create "viral" videos, which indeed did go viral but nonetheless with FAKE views, and I mean fake as in obviously BS fake, generating 1 million views in one week doesn't end up with 0 comments and 20 likes... for starters, I contacted Phisciences(the company producing these) that I opposed the way these videos were promoted by adding fake views, did not hear back from them. So "recently" their "new" Neurophone was announced after a "successful" indiegogo.com campaign, well guess what? Look at the people who funded it and you'll see that almost all of them donated the exact amount of 4444 dollars. 6000 people amassing to over a million dollar. Seriously do yourselves a favor and stay far away from this, you're doing your intellect a massive disfavor.

This is very interesting.

How is the neurophone supposed to work? Like what is it actually doing? I've read up on tDCS and that seems promising. Is it like tDCS?

• This is very interesting.

How is the neurophone supposed to work? Like what is it actually doing? I've read up on tDCS and that seems promising. Is it like tDCS?

The neurophone is basically headphones for your skull, the current transmits audio "through" your skin/bones into the ear canals, sure it sounds promising for subliminal audios etc, but i can reassure you that if it was this miracle machine that they're promoting it to be, it wouldn't be this "underground" project.. Here they describe all the benefits http://neurophone.ca/neurophone-nf3/ and i'll go ahead and reassure that ive experienced none of these, and ive used it, a lot. Lol. Go for tDCS instead and you'll probably notice more. Thync is perhaps the better one i know of, but i also know that theyre marketing it as a subscription based service with the stickers you put on so itll be an expensive story.. If you hold on a little bit longer i would recommend you to wait for the t-PEMF helmet to come out to the market which is probably the most promising one out of the bunch, and based on solid results. in 2014 Prof. Steen Dissing from Cphgn Faculty of Health and Sciences stated that they were looking for distributing it commercially after about 6 months.. they have an algorithm that mimics the brains electrical signals to heal itself, and they use a very, very small amount electric magnetic current to do so. And recently scientists are on the verge to discover the electrical signals that the brain uses for making memories.. highly exciting!!

I do have a PEMF stimulator, its marvelous for the skin and for your muscles, not AS marvelous for your brain.. what it does is that it increases the blood flow which can be good, but don't zap yourself with too much electricity, your brain is a very sensitive electrical system that needs finetuned elements to help it, and increasing the blood flow too much can be bad.

So hold on for the t-Pemf helmet, and just nourish your brain with the vitamins, diet, sleep and exercise that it needs(i know i hate it too) lol!

• genao87genao87 ✭✭
    edited February 2016

The neurophone is basically headphones for your skull, the current transmits audio "through" your skin/bones into the ear canals, sure it sounds promising for subliminal audios etc, but i can reassure you that if it was this miracle machine that they're promoting it to be, it wouldn't be this "underground" project.. Here they describe all the benefits http://neurophone.ca/neurophone-nf3/ and i'll go ahead and reassure that ive experienced none of these, and ive used it, a lot. Lol. Go for tDCS instead and you'll probably notice more. Thync is perhaps the better one i know of, but i also know that theyre marketing it as a subscription based service with the stickers you put on so itll be an expensive story.. If you hold on a little bit longer i would recommend you to wait for the t-PEMF helmet to come out to the market which is probably the most promising one out of the bunch, and based on solid results. in 2014 Prof. Steen Dissing from Cphgn Faculty of Health and Sciences stated that they were looking for distributing it commercially after about 6 months.. they have an algorithm that mimics the brains electrical signals to heal itself, and they use a very, very small amount electric magnetic current to do so. And recently scientists are on the verge to discover the electrical signals that the brain uses for making memories.. highly exciting!!

I do have a PEMF stimulator, its marvelous for the skin and for your muscles, not AS marvelous for your brain.. what it does is that it increases the blood flow which can be good, but don't zap yourself with too much electricity, your brain is a very sensitive electrical system that needs finetuned elements to help it, and increasing the blood flow too much can be bad.

So hold on for the t-Pemf helmet, and just nourish your brain with the vitamins, diet, sleep and exercise that it needs(i know i hate it too) lol!

Dude awesome post.   T-PEMF Helmet?  Is that to improve intelligence/cognition/memory?    When I researched it,  it mainly talks about healing the brain from depression, PTSD, etc. 

• Dude awesome post.   T-PEMF Helmet?  Is that to improve intelligence/cognition/memory?    When I researched it,  it mainly talks about healing the brain from depression, PTSD, etc. 

Thanks man!! :)

at the moment that is the case, but I know that they're trying to imitate the electrical signals that the brain uses for creating new memories and making an algorithm of that use in the t-pemf helmet, I don't know how far they've come yet as that was in mid 2015. But I think that the t-Pemf helmet could have cognitive benefits as you're more likely to memorize stuff when you're not as depressed or getting off the anti-depressive pills which can have negative side-effects, but in general, it will be keeping your brain healthy as it promotes self healing which in itself would be the optimal starting place, for any learning practice, for example you could potentially achieve maximum benefits of nootropics. When you heal depression you heal motivation as well, motivation is crucial.

Technically the device could be easy to build yourself except that it would be impossible(as someone who's not involved in the practices) to know the exact algorithm of the brain, unless Dissing decides to release his data, but that would be unlikely. But I don't think it will be that much longer before they release the device considering they were hoping for it to be released in 2015, we should expect some news this year.

• Thanks man!! :)

at the moment that is the case, but I know that they're trying to imitate the electrical signals that the brain uses for creating new memories and making an algorithm of that use in the t-pemf helmet, I don't know how far they've come yet as that was in mid 2015. But I think that the t-Pemf helmet could have cognitive benefits as you're more likely to memorize stuff when you're not as depressed or getting off the anti-depressive pills which can have negative side-effects, but in general, it will be keeping your brain healthy as it promotes self healing which in itself would be the optimal starting place, for any learning practice, for example you could potentially achieve maximum benefits of nootropics. When you heal depression you heal motivation as well, motivation is crucial.

Technically the device could be easy to build yourself except that it would be impossible(as someone who's not involved in the practices) to know the exact algorithm of the brain, unless Dissing decides to release his data, but that would be unlikely. But I don't think it will be that much longer before they release the device considering they were hoping for it to be released in 2015, we should expect some news this year.

Awesome man!  I suffer from depression and PTSD.  So I will like to add this to my arsenal.   Please keep us posted.   I currently use the D.A.V.I.D SMART device for this and improve concentration but I notice only small improvements.