Any Women Have Successful Weightloss

1246

Comments

  • the carb refeed is a killer.... i know i shouldnt jump on the scales but hells bells i'm addicted. almost all the weight lost is back image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> oh well onwards and upwards
  • edited November 2012
    Wow, 45lbs. I have stopped adding butter to my coffee, and decided to count my calories. I have also joined the leangains group. I lost 3 lbs in a week. I gained almost 10lbs doing the bp coffee. I still eat bullet proof BUT don't do all the butter. Sometimes what works for one person may not for another. I still do IF, have coffee without butter and mct oil, basically black, then I break my fast at around 3pm. Google Leangains, and also join my fitnesspal to track your nutrients. Good luck. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    No, sadly it went from bad to worse. I did receive my bp coffee and mct oil, and my recipe was 20g. kerrygold, 11g. mct and 9g. co with 500ml. coffee. Split into 2 servings as I mentioned above. However, the weight kept coming on and I'm now facing an excess of 45lbs. Needless to say, I discontinued the bp coffee, but I'm thinking of revisiting it again. I'm just not sure how to manage my ridiculous hormones!! Now on bioidentical hr therapy. Hard to know what to do...
  • i've only been utilizing the BP diet for a week, lost 3 lbs, but also had a piece of bread a couple nights w/dinner ... and yesterday attended a party where i couldn't find anything appropriate, so did the best i could w/deli and veggies. What I DO notice is that when I stray to the red side, i don't feel as good the next day.



    For Dr. Mackay - i like to judge my success more by the fit of my clothes, but can't help getting on the scale as well. I guess if I took my measurements, I'd be happy seeing a change there as well.
  • had enough of the rflp, and am back to normal IF with BP style coffee.. and not eating until 4ish, day one today
  • I'm noticing that coffee, even BP, spikes my blood sugar. Elevated blood sugar = elevated insulin = fat metabolism is a one way street into the fat cells.



    For a while I was adding SAMe and that seemed to help lower my blood sugar. Am trying zinc now and will add SAMe back in soon.
  • I've been on the BP Diet for roughly 2.5 weeks now. At first I found I was losing almost a pound a day but it slowly stopped coming off as I made my diet more and more bulletproof. However, IF is making me feel great throughout the day, and I find the diet very simple to follow with my chaotic schedule. I really want to stick with this. I have a good amount of weight to lose (roughly 80lbs) and have literally tried every healthy way of losing weight out there.



    I calculated the fat-protein-carb ratios for the meal plans I follow throughout the week but I'm not counting calories. Moral of the story is I'm doing everything by the book and wondering if I've simply missed something. Anyone else have problems in the beginning but overall success?
  • I'm a 50 y.o. peri-menopausal woman with about 30lbs. to lose, and I've been doing BP IF for about 10 days now and have gained 4 lbs! I'm using 30g. kerrygold and 30g. c.o. in my 500ml of coffee, and splitting it into 2 servings, 1 at around 6-6:30am and the other around 11am. I break my fast as close to 2pm as possible, and have my 2nd meal around 7-8pm. I do about 30 minutes of strength training 3x a week in the morning, fasted. Keeping protein moderate, about 4oz each meal. Help!!




    I too have gained a little bit of weight on BP, about 5-6 lbs now. I do have some concern about thyroid levels and I'm really not even sure if hypothyroidism would have effects of weight gain on BP diet but hope to have the levels and full blood work done soon. My weight gain seems to be just in my abdominal area. My Husband did a little research and found on a blog (I'll post a link to it if I can find it) referencing women in particular gaining weight around the mid-section due to not being in ketosis. Supposedly they said that this is more likely for women on a cyclic ketosis diet because of hormonal fluctuations and menstrual cycles.



    I'll be switching to ghee this week and hopefully that will eliminate breakouts that have also flared. I tell you what, it is so extremely difficult to mentally want to stick to this when you're gaining fat around your waist and breaking out like an overly hormonal teenager! Fingers crossed that things start looking up!
  • 'mwj' wrote:


    I too have gained a little bit of weight on BP, about 5-6 lbs now. I do have some concern about thyroid levels and I'm really not even sure if hypothyroidism would have effects of weight gain on BP diet but hope to have the levels and full blood work done soon. My weight gain seems to be just in my abdominal area. My Husband did a little research and found on a blog (I'll post a link to it if I can find it) referencing women in particular gaining weight around the mid-section due to not being in ketosis. Supposedly they said that this is more likely for women on a cyclic ketosis diet because of hormonal fluctuations and menstrual cycles.



    I'll be switching to ghee this week and hopefully that will eliminate breakouts that have also flared. I tell you what, it is so extremely difficult to mentally want to stick to this when you're gaining fat around your waist and breaking out like an overly hormonal teenager! Fingers crossed that things start looking up!




    Please post if he finds the info! Sounds like a lot of us ladies are going through similar stuff.
  • I have been on BP diet with IF for a year and lost 65 lbs! I am not trying to tweek my supplements. I have been at same weight for 2 months now and can't seem to get over the ummp! Any suggestions. I have a host of health problems including diabetes and have another 100 lbs to lose, but I am on a roll should reach my end goal by next year image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />.
  • edited February 2013
    I have a really tough time losing weight. If I eat too little, my body stores, too much, it gains. Ughh; so frustrating!



    So, for me to really lose weight with the BP diet or paleo, it means NO fruit, NO nuts or seeds, NO starchy anything, an occasional egg, lots of lean meat and fish with veggies, and then some intermittent fasting. Oh; the 1 fruit I can have, (and it seems to help probably because of the good fat in it) is avocado. A real treat for me is to mash it up like guacamole, add sea salt and tomato, and eat it on a piece of turkey or chicken. No; I don't count calories, but I do limit the amount that I eat. And 90% of the time, it is much less than I WANT to eat.



    Am I still hungry much of the time?? YES. But regardless of what so many blogs and forums say, (you won't be hungry, eat until you are full, etc. etc. etc.) I HAVE to watch my intake.



    I have had to accept that is just the way it is with my body. (And, as a cancer survivor, I am very grateful to have a strong and healthy body!)




    ps - I want to add.... I do make BP coffee, but only on days that I know I am going to get LOTS of exercise; either an extensive hike, or skiing. Other than that, as much as I love it, I stay away from the extra fat and cholesterol.
  • 'LJW14' wrote:


    I have a really tough time losing weight. If I eat too little, my body stores, too much, it gains. Ughh; so frustrating!



    So, for me to really lose weight with the BP diet or paleo, it means NO fruit, NO nuts or seeds, NO starchy anything, an occasional egg, lots of lean meat and fish with veggies, and then some intermittent fasting. Oh; the 1 fruit I can have, (and it seems to help probably because of the good fat in it) is avocado. A real treat for me is to mash it up like guacamole, add sea salt and tomato, and eat it on a piece of turkey or chicken. No; I don't count calories, but I do limit the amount that I eat. And 90% of the time, it is much less than I WANT to eat.



    Am I still hungry much of the time?? YES. But regardless of what so many blogs and forums say, (you won't be hungry, eat until you are full, etc. etc. etc.) I HAVE to watch my intake.



    I have had to accept that is just the way it is with my body. (And, as a cancer survivor, I am very grateful to have a strong and healthy body!)




    ps - I want to add.... I do make BP coffee, but only on days that I know I am going to get LOTS of exercise; either an extensive hike, or skiing. Other than that, as much as I love it, I stay away from the extra fat and cholesterol.


    Low fat is not bulletproof, lean meat is pointless.
    Please email me instead of PM

    [email protected]
  • I am also having a hard time losing weight. Last month when I did RFLP protocol and had too much risotto on one of my refeed days, I gained 5lbs (up from 139lbs pre-refeed) that same week. That set me back for 2 weeks. I dropped RFLP after that because I was frustrated and couldn't take it anymore eating just butter and obsessing about my re-feed day. That was a good experiment because now I know that my weight goes through crazy fluctuations when I eat carbs and that too much deprivation is not too healthy for my psyche. Now I am just trying to lose weight with IF and sensible re-feed days. I am feeling good about my energy levels and cravings control but my weight is moving down very slowly. Damn it, I want to be bikini ready by April. Agh!!!! People!! Help me with advice or just your support. Thanks
  • 'Pierre wrote:


    Low fat is not bulletproof, lean meat is pointless.




    What I mean by "lean meat" is not excess fat. I know the fats in meat are good for you, but like I stated, with my body, I just do better if I watch what I eat a little closer. When I watch excess fat and fruit sugar, I lose weight. My husband also does not have to watch these things; he can eat all the fat and fruit he wants, but... I can't. And I believe there are many women on this site experiencing the same thing.



    Men's vs women's metabolisms are just different! I sure do wish my metabolism was like my husbands though!!! image/icon_razz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-P' />
  • 'LJW14' wrote:






    What I mean by "lean meat" is not excess fat. I know the fats in meat are good for you, but like I stated, with my body, I just do better if I watch what I eat a little closer. When I watch excess fat and fruit sugar, I lose weight. My husband also does not have to watch these things; he can eat all the fat and fruit he wants, but... I can't. And I believe there are many women on this site experiencing the same thing.



    Men's vs women's metabolisms are just different! I sure do wish my metabolism was like my husbands though!!! image/icon_razz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-P' />/>


    Are you in ketosis or do you know how many grams of carbs you consume through the day?
    Please email me instead of PM

    [email protected].com
  • edited February 2013

    https://www.facebook.com/eatganjaraw?ref=ts&fref=ts This womans lost tens of pounds and a better health by eating raw cannabis, sarah white crane. I like eating it with passionflower leaf; it helps the flavor of the bud and removes bad estrogen (highly spoken of by david wolfe). hemp seed helps you loose weight, it is a liquid complete food gmo and gluten free with 10 mg/kg CBD, the most powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant molecule we can tolerate.


Sign In or Register to comment.