Best Pillow?

I neeeeeed to get a new pillow.  No clue where I got the one I have now, but it is complete trash and it has shown with my sleep.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited March 2016

I am a side sleeper that likes a firm and cold pillow. I bought a Comfort Revolution Hydraluxe. I like it so far. With a pillow its best to try them out on your own since everyone has their own personal taste. You're the one that has to sleep on it.

• I am a side sleeper that likes a firm and cold pillow. I bought a Comfort Revolution Hydraluxe. I like it so far. With a pillow its best to try them out on your own since everyone has their own personal taste. You're the one that has to sleep on it.

Thanks for the input!  It depends on the night, but I am all over the place with how I sleep.  If I am really tired I will sleep on my back, but if I am having trouble sleeping I am on my side or my stomach.  No idea why that is lol

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I've had a Tempur Ergonomic Support Pillow (£65) for years now and it's been worth every penny (they're not cheap). But considering my heads on it 7+hrs every night, it's not that expensive per minute  :-P  Think I've had it around 10 years and it's still in near perfect condition, bought it originally as I had a bad neck (slipped disc) and wanted the best support. I use an earthing pillow case on it to earth my body while I sleep. One of the things I miss the most when I travel on vacation is my pillow, which is a little too bulky to travel with, but have considered doing it.

Just to confirm, it's probably one of the best purchases I've ever made. 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I've had a Tempur Ergonomic Support Pillow (£65) for years now and it's been worth every penny (they're not cheap). But considering my heads on it 7+hrs every night, it's not that expensive per minute  :-P  Think I've had it around 10 years and it's still in near perfect condition, bought it originally as I had a bad neck (slipped disc) and wanted the best support. I use an earthing pillow case on it to earth my body while I sleep. One of the things I miss the most when I travel on vacation is my pillow, which is a little too bulky to travel with, but have considered doing it.

Just to confirm, it's probably one of the best purchases I've ever made. 

Thanks for the info!  I am going to look at my options in terms of ordering something online.  For the last 2 weeks or so I have been testing the inclined bed therapy thing.  After 13 days with it inclined, I decided to move it back to flat and I am noticing a huge difference in how I feel this morning.  Took me an extra 30 mins to wake up.  I think with the inclined bed and a better pillow I will be good to go. :)

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I've incline my bed and now on the next hight increase, not going back down as I'm sleeping so well. I find it hard to tell if I"m sleeping better, as I've been sleeping so well for so long now, but it it doesn't have an affect on how I feel I'll keep it in.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I've incline my bed and now on the next hight increase, not going back down as I'm sleeping so well. I find it hard to tell if I"m sleeping better, as I've been sleeping so well for so long now, but it it doesn't have an affect on how I feel I'll keep it in.

For me, I have noticed that I am sleeping deeper, but I feel much more awake after getting out of bed.  If I switch back to a flat bed, I feel groggy and dizzy/tired for the first 30 mins of the day.  I love it!

• I was just looking into grabbing a new pillow and thought I'd check and see if there were any recommendations.  Right now, I've got this awkward set of dense lumpy synthetic polyester pillows.

I wonder how the "Tempur Original: Ergonomic Support" pillow compares with something like this one:

https://www.nestbedding.com/products/the-easy-breather-pillow?variant=830615521

I tend to be a stomach sleeper, although I've read that side sleeping is more optimal for the lymphatic system.  What's the thought process behind an inclined bed (how much of an incline?)

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    Possibly the greatest post I've ever read.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I have an ergo pillow like katolotus. I, too, have had mine for about 10 years now. I take it with me on short trips as well, as I am so used to having it to sleep on.
  • edited July 2016

Finding the perfect pillow will all depend on a person's preference and sleeping position. For example, a person who suffers from neck and back problems will most likely prefer a memory foam pillow. On the other hand, if you tend to move around a lot in your sleep, you may prefer a micro bead pillow. Once you determine your sleeping position and preferences, choosing the best pillow becomes quite simple. 

Nonetheless, in my experience, I have found Memory Foam Pillows work best for the majority of sleepers. But like I stated earlier, we all have our own sleeping preferences. I hope I have been of help! 

• @J-rock said:
    I am a side sleeper that likes a firm and cold pillow. I bought a Comfort Revolution Hydraluxe. I like it so far. With a pillow its best to try them out on your own since everyone has their own personal taste. You're the one that has to sleep on it.

As a side sleeper, you are likely to wake up feeling tired, with back pain and headaches, or even develop conditions like sciatica. The best body pillow for side sleepers is not just a matter of comfort, but it is also a consideration of its support quality.

1. The Snuggle Pillow
    2. Pinzon Hypoallergenic Down Body Pillow
  • I tried the Snuggle-Pedic pillow but returned it. When I would sleep in one position for several hours I would slowly sink down into it, and then when I turned over it was like a mountain I had to climb over. Then the same thing would happen in the other direction. It also hurt my jaw for some reason, pushing it into a funny position. At least they were gracious and quick with the return process.

The one I ended up with (and now love even though it took several days and tweaks at first) is the Purple pillow. I'm a side and back sleeper, and I can sleep on one side, turn onto my back, sleep some more, and turn onto the other side, all without ever having to adjust the pillow. I've now ordered several of their other products and hope I'll like them just as well. They do have a 90-day free trial for the pillow, which can make a big difference.

• I am using this pillow. This is good for me. You can try this :smile:
    https://www.amazon.com/Hypoallergenic-Pillow-ADJUSTABLE-THICKNESS-Micro-Vented/dp/B00V909F38

Writer of Pillow

• my favorite pillow is the Brookstone Shoulder Pillow for Side Sleepers, purchased at promopure.
    It's a memory foam pillow with some bells and whistles. Love it.
    Here is the link: https://promopure.com/Biosense-Memory-Shoulder-Pillow-Sleepers/p/G0DKOSGLR7