A Lot Of Foods Give Me Loose Stools, Diarrhea, Sometimes Explosive
I am trying to solve this problem since over a year already, despite a lot of effort and consulting, I have not found a solution.
Often I get loose stools, sometimes diarrhea, in rare cases evolves to explosive diarrhea.
I have determined though elimination diets that the following foods are 100% safe and sticking to them only allows me to have perfectly normal bowel movements, without mushy mess and urgency which happens otherwise:
* lean meats and fish (20% fat meat mince gives me diarrhea)
* butter (I can eat any amount and not get any problem)
* sweet potatoes, yams and similar
* romaine lettuce
* one banana a day and even several dragon fruits (pitaya)
* whole fresh coconuts in Asia (water and flesh)
This is about it what I determined of 100% safe foods. Probably there are more, but its quite difficult and time-taking to test, as when I get diarrhea, it often continues for several days no matter what I eat, so I can only test one food a week (if the food fails the test).
Regarding mushy-stool, diarrhea inducing foods there is also not a lot that I am 100% sure, but here is what I know:
* even a small amount of olive oil
* coffee and chocolate (but sometimes I could eat small amounts without problem)
Suspect foods, which testing was somehow doubtful because of interference of other foods:
* rice (but I've eaten sushi fine, but there not a lot of rice in sushi)
* coconut oil
* honey (I eat only raw)
* salt in amounts as little as one teaspoon a day
* probably rice
* probably some vegetables
Its very difficult to test this, as for many food products it varies wildly with the amount, and I can tolerate some, but over a certain threshold I get diarrhea (and the threshold can vary too).
What I am planning to do now is testing more foods, by eating for several days only the 100% safe foods, waiting to have perfect bowel movements for a few days, and then introducing just one food, and seeing if it ruins it.
The most interesting is that I can eat any amount of butter (100 grams or more), however even small amounts of olive oil (10 grams or less) give me diarrhea, so this somehow makes fat malabsorption doubtful, but maybe it is diagnostic?
Also its not only about fats, but also some carbs. The only thing which never gives me diarrhea are pure protein.