Meat Waffles With Egg Yolk "syrup"

Since we are all practicing a Bulletproof-esque diet over here... We probably all SADLY retired our waffle irons... BUT NOT ME! I decided to throw some MEAT IN THE WAFFLE IRON... BAM: MEAT WAFFLES!

And this experiment of mine - HUGE HUGE HUGE success... Three huges because well, my waffles were friggin' HUGE and yes, I ate them all. One pound of meat, down the hatch baby - ha! I couldn't stop, they were just SO GOOD.

The meat I am using today: The Honest Bison = 100% GRASS-FED/FINISHED bison! If you don't know the benefits of grass-fed/finished red meats yet, well, I detail those in the latest blog post & recipe..... A little edu-tainment is happening over on the blog today... And it's MIGHTY TASTY! 

http://gigieatscelebrities.com/2015/06/09/the-honest-bison-meat-waffles/

The-Honest-Bison-Meat-Waffle.jpg

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

ay papi

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Alchemist

Meat waffles with egg yolk syrup...I just fell madly in love with you.

I've used a george foreman grill before which is similar....but never thought to use my waffle maker like this.

The thing I don't like about the foreman is ironically one of their key selling points to most folks....how it's designed to let all the fat drip out and into the holding tray to throw away since it is 'unhealthy'.

Obviously, with grass fed at least, we know better. The foreman is on an angle to purposefully drain the fat...if your waffle maker is level, does that keep all the juicy, fatty goodness in the meat or are their spillover issues?

I will be trying this ASAP and have your site bookmarked in my 'Food' folder now, thank you!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

• Meat waffles with egg yolk syrup...I just fell madly in love with you.

I've used a george foreman grill before which is similar....but never thought to use my waffle maker like this.

The thing I don't like about the foreman is ironically one of their key selling points to most folks....how it's designed to let all the fat drip out and into the holding tray to throw away since it is 'unhealthy'.

Obviously, with grass fed at least, we know better. The foreman is on an angle to purposefully drain the fat...if your waffle maker is level, does that keep all the juicy, fatty goodness in the meat or are their spillover issues?

I will be trying this ASAP and have your site bookmarked in my 'Food' folder now, thank you!

Oh all the fatty goodness is in tact!! I always hated that about the Foreman too... However, doesn't it have a little "fat collector"?? I would just drink it, LOL! Mmm a fat smoothie ;) 

And um, I am 100% flattered that you bookmarked my website! 

• *drools*

If I were not in a relationship with the most amazingly fantastic woman I've ever met, I'd ask you to marry me, GiGi <3 

Wait... I think I have asked you to marry me, at a point of time before this...!

• *drools*

If I were not in a relationship with the most amazingly fantastic woman I've ever met, I'd ask you to marry me, GiGi <3 

Wait... I think I have asked you to marry me, at a point of time before this...!

Ha Ha! Well, I could NEVER EVER come in between you and the most amazingly fantastic woman you have ever met! 

• Saw this and thought of your Meat Waffle Gigi!

IMG_20160227_122855.jpg

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

Looks great! Must've been hard stuffing the meat.

Have you tried almond waffles? (Actually, I haven't, but we do almond pancakes all the time :) I'm sure they would be delicious, and very easy if you use almond butter.

• Looks great! Must've been hard stuffing the meat.

Have you tried almond waffles? (Actually, I haven't, but we do almond pancakes all the time :) I'm sure they would be delicious, and very easy if you use almond butter.

I can't eat nuts... That being said, if you have perfected the pancake batter, I am sure it tastes AMAZING as waffles!! :) 

• Saw this and thought of your Meat Waffle Gigi!

IMG_20160227_122855.jpg

Darn it! I cannot see it - all the images are "broken" on this web page! Womp!!!