Ketone Powder

Does anyone know a reliable source to find a good ketone powder? The Oil can bee a little too much sometimes and I run to the bathroom. I was listening to a podcast with Tim and a Doctor (Forgot his name) and he used ketone powder to get himself into ketosis first thing in the morning.

Tagged:

Comments

• Trying out Quest MCT powder at the moment. So far so good. 

• There are a lot of MCT powders on the market now - check the ingredients, many of them have got glucose added (or other items you may not necessarily be aiming for). 

Some of the packets say "100% MCT powder" instead of the separate ingredients - so you may have to contact the company to find out what is actually in it.

Otherwise you can use C8 (caprylic triglycerides) via either Brain Octane or another version, tends to give people a lot less issues.

Finally, there's the KetoCaNa - which is in powder form. This is one of the few true direct source of ketones.

The Quantified Body Podcast 

Gain Confidence in What You Invest Your Time & Money In.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• Thanks guys. I am going to start with the KetoCaNa as I want to ensure I start it off right. Now I am thinking of mixing it with BCAA's any experience trying to stay in ketosis and use the keto powder as well?

• I've tried KetoForce and it's nasty but effective at bumping ketones. 

Nothing beats bulletproof coffee though - Brain octane will be gentler than MCT. 

MCT powder is great for making icecream with though i feel - better texture than the liquid form (just my opinion though and not relevant to this question sorry).

Though depending on your diet, unless you're doing carbs at night, you shouldn't HAVE to get yourself into ketosis in the morning. 

My fasting levels will often be >1.5mmol/L (blood), at least >1mmol (if i've been hard training or a bit higher protein).

Rob

• I normally do carbs at night after my workout so I am trying to get into ketosis first thing when I wake up. 

I've tried KetoForce and it's nasty but effective at bumping ketones. 

Nothing beats bulletproof coffee though - Brain octane will be gentler than MCT. 

MCT powder is great for making icecream with though i feel - better texture than the liquid form (just my opinion though and not relevant to this question sorry).

Though depending on your diet, unless you're doing carbs at night, you shouldn't HAVE to get yourself into ketosis in the morning. 

My fasting levels will often be >1.5mmol/L (blood), at least >1mmol (if i've been hard training or a bit higher protein).

Rob

• I was watching something on youtube about Keto Os - but I have no idea if it's legit. It's also quite expensive.. 

• Yeah, this guy was on Ferriss recently - really keen to try this stuff out:

http://prototypenutrition.com/ketocana.html among the others on there, including Keto8 (ie: Brain Octane)

• Keto OS and KetoCaNa are beta hydroxybutyrate salts - what are known as 'exogenous ketones' since they come from outside the body. Dominic D'Agostino and Patrick Arnold are the main guys behind their creation and the research on them.

There's a review of what exogenous ketones are, how they work etc here: https://ketosource.co.uk/exogenous-ketones-how-they-work/

The Quantified Body Podcast 

Gain Confidence in What You Invest Your Time & Money In.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• I need some clarifications about exogenous vs endogeneous ketones: I do understand that, for what concerns brain functioning, are all the same in terms of effects. Please correct me if wrong. 

But what about the other effects? (fat burning, metabolisms etc?)