Get Ready For Gmo Guts And Mutated Intestines (Bill & Melinda Gates)

2»

Comments

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Dude, you started every response with the word, "no." You obviously have no idea how to have any sort of positive discourse.

Care to provide the context? It might be nice for people to know what I was responding to with the word "No". I began that post with a quote of what you had said, not with the word "No". 

What we have here is the Fallacy of Exclusion:

The fallacy of exclusion is a logical fallacy where important evidence which would undermine an inductive argument is excluded from consideration. The requirement that all relevant information be included is called the 'principle of total evidence.'

followed up with an Appeal to Motive:

Appeal to motive is a pattern of argument which consists in challenging a thesis by calling into question the motives of its proposer. It can be considered as a special case of the ad hominem circumstantial argument. As such, this type of argument may be an informal fallacy.

A common feature of appeals to motive is that only the possibility of a motive (however small) is shown, without showing the motive actually existed or, if the motive did exist, that the motive played a role in forming the argument and its conclusion. Indeed, it is often assumed that the mere possibility of motive is evidence enough.

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭
    edited June 2016

Care to provide the context? It might be nice for people to know what I was responding to with the word "No". I began that post with a quote of what you had said, not with the word "No". 

What we have here is the Fallacy of Exclusion:

The fallacy of exclusion is a logical fallacy where important evidence which would undermine an inductive argument is excluded from consideration. The requirement that all relevant information be included is called the 'principle of total evidence.'

followed up with an Appeal to Motive:

Appeal to motive is a pattern of argument which consists in challenging a thesis by calling into question the motives of its proposer. It can be considered as a special case of the ad hominem circumstantial argument. As such, this type of argument may be an informal fallacy.

A common feature of appeals to motive is that only the possibility of a motive (however small) is shown, without showing the motive actually existed or, if the motive did exist, that the motive played a role in forming the argument and its conclusion. Indeed, it is often assumed that the mere possibility of motive is evidence enough.

This is a bit exhausting.

If you read very carefully you might be able to deduce what I was actually calling a conspiracy theory. There are clues scattered around. I'll even give you the first one to get you started on your adventure:

strawmanillustration.png

If I could spraypaint over this, I would. You don't have to explain what a strawman argument is.

edited June 2016

To educate others who may see these posts so that they do not fall victim to anti-science and anti-healthcare rhetoric. You are posting these things in an online community that I am a member of, and I cannot in good conscience allow such misinformation to proliferate unchecked.

I'm glad that others here feel the same, especially those who posted before I came across the thread.

All of this effort, even though I'm this great fool that everyone already knew was an idiot even before you came across the thread. Why did you even bother, if I'd already been effectively shut down? 

2»