Proteins

Let's talk about proteins - post questions here about why I put the protein sources in the order I did for the Bulletproof Diet.

Comments

• Hi Dave

I'm eating between 1lb and 1.5lb daily of grass-fed meat. Plus loads of quality fats and vegetables, I just feel great. (I'm the guy with the +10 years of hypoglycemic symptoms).

I understand most of the reasons why you put these kinds of meats on the leftmost part of the graphic. But I wonder if I'm overloading my kidneys with the proteins and what the long time effects might be. I'm taking digestive enzymes (Now Foods) just in case.
  • Hey There!

Just wondering your thoughts on bison meat as a protein. Would you place it in the same category as grass-fed beef? Also, I've been told that most bison is grass-fed, though I have yet to run into any that specifically claim it, and that there are no bison "factory-farms. Any thoughts? Thanks. Loving the info on the site.

Jason
  • Thanks, Adam.

That's interesting. I'm going to check into the bison I've been getting here in Southern California.

Jason
  • I just replied to this in a podcast that will come out in the next couple weeks, the one with Michael Vassar from the Singularity Institute. But the short answer is that people do ok on meat meat based diets for a long time. I'd be concerned about mopping up extra ammonia/nitrogen (try ornithine for that at night) and about avoiding the toxins that form from overcooking protein (follow the cooking guidelines, lower temps, not charring/frying/microwaving, etc.)

Hi Dave

I'm eating between 1lb and 1.5lb daily of grass-fed meat. Plus loads of quality fats and vegetables, I just feel great. (I'm the guy with the +10 years of hypoglycemic symptoms).

I understand most of the reasons why you put these kinds of meats on the leftmost part of the graphic. But I wonder if I'm overloading my kidneys with the proteins and what the long time effects might be. I'm taking digestive enzymes (Now Foods) just in case.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file