First Wellnessfx Results

My story is not one of coming from an overweight background. However, when I began to incorporate the techniques from the Bulletproof lifestyle my energy levels became more steady and constant, better recovery from workouts, huge strength gains, big spike in libido (which I attribute to increased fat intake).

Recently received WellnessFX results back. Everything was "GREEN" with the exception of my Apo B which came in at 90. Should I be worried? What's it all about?

Side Notes:

Total Cholesterol: 145

LDL-C Direct: 92

HDL-C Direct: 45

VLDL-C: 8

LP(a): 2

hs-CRP: 0.15

APO B: 90 (RED!!!)

Apolipoprotein B, or Apo B, is the protein in bad cholesterol that binds to arteries to create clogging cholesterol deposits. Because it causes LDL binding to blood vessels, studies have shown that your ApoB level may be a better measure of cardiovascular risk than even LDL cholesterol.
Tagged:

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather
    Your total cholesterol is LOW, your still in the highest category for all cause mortality. Don't be worried about cholesterol!! I was 145 too, I'm at 260, I don't care how high it goes as long has HDL is high and inflammation is low. Eat more butter and grass fed beef!! Get your HDL higher!!! What about your vitamin D? My AOPB is 120, 5 ,11 175lbs 7.6 body fat

ApoB is directly correlated to LDL so just ignore it, just focus on ratios if you are even concerned about your cholesterol. Which in this case, I am, because you have very low total cholesterol! Get it above 220 at least!!

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• My Vitamin D came in at a very Green 107 number.

Thanks for the feedback Rod.

Would you please be able to give me a better technical explanation as to why I should not worry about APO B and why it is unimportant given its relationship with LDL?
  • RodRod The Rodfather

My Vitamin D came in at a very Green 107 number.

Thanks for the feedback Rod.

Would you please be able to give me a better technical explanation as to why I should not worry about APO B and why it is unimportant given its relationship with LDL?

Wow, you need to back off the D, that's too much!!!!!

I don't have the reference with me but what ever your LDL will be, APOb is usually just a littler lesser number. That's how they are coming up with the LDL numbers is the amount of smaller particles. So there's no way you can have a low APoB and high LDL. Don't get amped from the APOb description, HDL/TOTAL CHOLESTEROL ratio is the best tool for risk. The important is your LP(a) being low. Means your good to go but still, your numbers are not where they should be for total cholesterol.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• What is a good parameter to stay at for HDL/TOTAL CHOLESTEROL?

I'm eating a tremendous amount of fat particularly saturated fat and so I'm not sure by how much more my cholesterol can raise.