Day After Drinking And Activated Charcoal

So I was wondering if it is still beneficial to take activated charcoal the morning after drinking wine for detox?  Had a long work day and had maybe a little too much.  Is the alcohol already absorded into the body so the charcoal isn't needed? 

I was also wondering if I do take the charcoal the morning after alcohol can I drink my bulletproof coffee afterwards or should I wait?

Tagged:

Comments

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭
    Well there's no wine left in your GI tract so you're probably better off rehydrating. Coffee will be fairly dehydrating and the caffeine will probably not offset the hangover enough to be worth it. If you don't have a killer hangover just stick with the BPC and make sure to rehydrate periodically during the day. Grab a delicious coconut water (and don't use it as a rum mixer!).
  • Yeah, I found it best to just take one per drink, before each drink. The few times I've done this, it definitely seemed to help.
  • And Vitamin C. I typically take a half gram with each drink, pretty much invulnerable to hang over.

For me the day after is all about the rest of the week. My body is using all it's resources to fix the damage so I restock and dodge things that will be an additional drain on resource. Focusing on hydration, and VitC to shore up my bodies defence against colds.

And Vitamin C. I typically take a half gram with each drink, pretty much invulnerable to hang over.

Screwdrivers! Got it covered.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

Screwdrivers! Got it covered.

Vodka & OJ was my go to drink later in the night in my youth, once I could sink no more pints (beers).

Or no more snakebite and black, if it was a big night.

fake it till you make it

edited October 2016

Vodka & OJ was my go to drink at the end of the night in my youth, once I could sink no more pints (beers).

Or no more snakebite and black, if it was a big night.

My current drinks list is very small and only happens during family gatherings or a rare celebratory night:

1893 (by Pepsi) with Black Kraken / Seven Tiki Rum

Ocean Vodka screwdrivers

Apocalypto Tequila 

Apple Pie moonshine

Grasshoppers

Absinthe

I also use a nice Root:1 Chilean wine or something from Francis Coppola's winery when cooking, but again it's very seldom. Now if we want to talk about rum-soaked spare-ribs or some rum-glazed shrimp, we can party!