Recipes With Bp Protein Powders

Hi Everyone!  I've been on the BP train for a couple of months now, and I'm feeling great!!  However, I'm not big on meat, especially if it hasn't been cooked into a hockey puck (it's nothing to do with thinking it's inhumane or anything, I'm just a weirdo that doesn't like any pink or fat on it).  I also like eggs, but I can't do the runny yolks, and therefore I feel like it's a waste of my money and efforts if I'm not getting the full effect of their quality.  I have purchased both the whey and collagen BP protein powders, but they are just sitting in my pantry waiting for me to get some inspiration, and yet none seems to come!  So my question is this - does anyone have any good recipes you've come up with to incorporate these into your diet?  I can't be the only person out there that isn't big on meat, right?!?  Thanks in advance for any ideas provided!

Comments

• Just because Dave says don't fully cook the egg should not preclude you from cooking it how you see fit. The nutrition from a fully cooked yolk is still more nutritious than if you don't eat the egg. Same with a steak. If you want your meat well done prepare it well done.

As for protein supplements. They are just that, supplements. I like having some whey in the morning either straight, blended right into my coffee or BPC, or in yogurt. Collagen I like to have in my nighttime tea. Sometimes I will mix up the routine and have whey at night and collagen in the morning. Or do a afternoon dose of either.

If your really not into meat, try organ meat and fish/seafood.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Thanks for your input Bull!  I have a weird mental quirk where I get seriously grossed out about meat and I don't eat any seafood or fish either.  And organ meat?  NO WAY!  Just thinking about it turns my stomach.  I supplement with Dave's recommendation, krill oil - and I know he says vegetarianism isn't impossible, it just isn't necessarily the best choice.  I really can't help it though, I just get creeped out by the stuff!  I am doing intermittent fasting and trying to drop about 20 pounds to get into the marines, and I work out daily, so I feel like I should probably be taking in more protein than I can possibly force myself to consume through meat/seafood sources...

• Being grossed out by meat and wanting to join the Marines seems incredibly incongruous to me?

i'd recommend dairy products, but as far as BPdogma is concerned that's a no no. So you could pound hemp, pea, whey, collagen protein all day instead of eating what most would consider 'normally', that's up to you. I'm pretty grossed out about the thought of that though.

I might try to find a thread where a former regular on the boards was experimenting with a spirulina/olive oil based diet. The logic was if you did the math on protein and micro-nutrients, if you ate something like a pound of spirulina a day you would hit your protein target and micronutrients, then if your into keto diets you would just add olive oil and possibly other fats as your body's fuel source. Were talking pure madness though. I don't want to think about consuming 2 tablespoons of spirulina let alone 500x that much.

Look into/search for posts by gigieats and her website http://gigieatscelebrities.com/ maybe you'll find recipes that will make meat more palatable.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Hey there @rcnott9

I have a list of Whey Protein Smoothie recipes here: http://www.renegadedad.net/category/shakes-smoothies

You don't have to only use Whey Protein with these recipes. You can use BP Collagen protein etc. 

Hope this helps!

• Thanks TimMurphy!!  Those all look delicious, and I'll certainly give them a whirl!

• mistamista
    edited October 2016

I've got 2 or 3 routes I usually take when supplementing protein powder.  Option 1 is just going vegetable / "super-food" heavy in my blender and getting that just palatable enough to call a meal.  I usually eat it with a spoon to slow down the carb absorption and save half for later.  If you do Option 1 often enough, you can gradually dial back on the sweetness and you'll grow to like a bold, bitter smoothie.  Option 2 is a simple post-workout shake in a shaker bottle with minimal fiber.  Option 3 is a sort of frozen berry / nut blend.

Eg.  1 -- 1/4 of a whole lemon / lime with peel or unsweetened cranberries or raw apple cider vinegar, fistful of blanched collard greens or steamed kale, half an avocado or handful of nuts, 2TBS of Brain Octane Oil, frozen berries or random fruit, wedge of turmeric / ginger, pinch of matcha or cacao / vanilla / cinnamon, celery stalk (or any random herb / veg... I've used beets and cilantro), brazil nuts, whey, collagen, ice, water, (+ added mushroom powder, maqui berry powder, chlorella, B-Complex + other supplements), etc.  2 -- whey, water, cacao powder.  3.  Mix whey + pecan butter + water + pinch of salt + shredded coconut into thick "butter", toss with added frozen blueberries + frozen raspberries.

Lately, I've been turning pomegranate juice into blocks of unsweetened pomegranate jello with collagen + gelatin.

• So without an iodine deficiency there isn't any trouble with goitrogens in cruciferous? Hmm raw might be back in the blender.