Recreating Jason Nunnelley's Experiment

2»

Comments

• Crickey, will be good to see how this ends up!

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    Day 22 - due to when I can actually get to the doctor to get the blood drawn, I'm going to have to do it on day 29. That will be at the start of day 29, so instead of 30 days it will only end up being 28. But that's fine by me, most of the impact should have occurred and plus that's two days of eggs I don't have to eat!
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

Bring some smelling salt for the doctor if they faint upon seeing your results. Also some quick acting tranquilizer in case they want to force you to some statins or diet. :D :D :D Escape James Bond style!

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

I want to arm myself with some ridiculous information and questions, like a photo of the eggs and butter for one, and questions like:

"So, in theory if I can get my cholesterol to 0, then I could potentially be immortal?"

"Huh, so if cholesterol is so bad, why does my body make the majority of it and why is it present in every cell in my body?"

"Why should I lower the cholesterol I eat if that only causes my body to up-regulate the amount of endogenous cholesterol? What benefit will I get?"

"If higher HDL is good, and HDL is included in total cholesterol, how can lower total cholesterol be better?"

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

"Did you only get pass marks when you completed your study?"

"Do you feel satisfied with your life that you're only pushing whatever pharma reps come in here and give you?"

"How many people have you actually healed?"

No sorcery, just science. 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

30 sticks of butter = 80 bucks

120 dozen eggs = 600 bucks

THAT look on the doctor's face = PRICELESS

I just sent the last 3 eggs down the hatch, and that is the last eggs I'll eat for a long time!

The blood test is tomorrow morning. Next weekend I'll be up at the doctor's reviewing the results and explaining why they got the results for two tests :oops:

Hahaha!

I'm looking forward to seeing the change!

I had the blood test and the experiment is over. I need to get into the doctor to "discuss" the results. They won't let me pop in and collect a printout, they want me to have a proper appointment. So next weekend should be good to go! I'll put the results here.

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

They normally only make you sit down if they find herpes...  :-P

No sorcery, just science. 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

They test for that in Australia? :O Wow. In this country they don't test you for STD's until your lower half rots away. The medical community and the media is blaming irresponsible people for SDT's yet they deny testing because "you don't have serious enough symptoms". So much about prevention...

Not implicating it was me, just saying...

• Any news???

I can hardly contain myself!!!!!!!!!! 

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

edited February 2014

I just ducked in and out to get the printout really. The doctor didn't have much to say.

Results:

Total chol: 5.1mmol/L to 5.5 (197 to 212)

Trigs: 0.7 to 0.7 (62)

HDL: 1.3 to 1.5 (50 to 58)

LDL: 3.5 to 3.7 (135 to 143)

Not much to report there! All those eggs for nothing! :wink:

The one thing that did change was TSH - it went from 1.48 to 2.22 in a month. I'm about to look into that now.

(I used http://www.onlineconversion.com/cholesterol.htm to convert the numbers)

I feel like the first person to fail a blood test, haha

Ba-doom tss!
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

You could actually make headlines with that... "EGGS AND BUTTER DON'T RAISE CHOLESTEROL!"

• Impressive man.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

Hey Stevo, did you look at that TSH?

2»