Stevia Exposed As Anti-Fertility Psy-Op

124»

Comments

• I started using Stevia about 2 years ago. 1 year ago, I had a semen analysis done. I had bad sperm motility. Because my wife and I are trying to get pregnant, I completely QUIT alcohol for over 6 months, increased my average amount of sleep by 2.5 hrs/night, exercised more, and ate strictly organic and gluten free. Just had another semen analysis. ALL of my stats have worsened!! I was completely puzzled... Until I thought of stevia. I GUZZLE water sweetened with Stevia. All day, every day. Over the last year I've averaged 6ml/day (40+ recommended servings a day!). I'm convinced; Stevia is the problem. I just quit cold-turkey and will get another sperm analysis in 4-6 months.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

@yogo said:
    I started using Stevia about 2 years ago. 1 year ago, I had a semen analysis done. I had bad sperm motility. Because my wife and I are trying to get pregnant, I completely QUIT alcohol for over 6 months, increased my average amount of sleep by 2.5 hrs/night, exercised more, and ate strictly organic and gluten free. Just had another semen analysis. ALL of my stats have worsened!! I was completely puzzled... Until I thought of stevia. I GUZZLE water sweetened with Stevia. All day, every day. Over the last year I've averaged 6ml/day (40+ recommended servings a day!). I'm convinced; Stevia is the problem. I just quit cold-turkey and will get another sperm analysis in 4-6 months.

then post again after the test!!

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

PubMed is stupid, but....
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1874950

"Effect of stevioside on growth and reproduction.
    Yodyingyuad V1, Bunyawong S.
    Author information
    Abstract
    The effect on growth and reproduction in hamsters of stevioside, which is extracted from stevia leaves (Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni) and is currently used as a non-caloric sweetener, was investigated. Four groups of 20 one-month-old hamsters (10 males and 10 females) were daily force-fed with stevioside (0.0, 0.5, 1.0 and 2.5 g/kg body wt/day, respectively). No abnormalities were found in growth and fertility in both sexes. All males mated females efficiently and successfully. Females showed normal 4-day oestrus cycles and became pregnant after mating. Each female was mated and allowed to bear three litters during the period of experiment. The duration of pregnancy, number of fetuses, as well as number of young delivered each time from females in the experimental groups were not significantly different from those in the control group. The young F1 and F2 hamsters continuously receiving stevioside via drinking water until one month old and daily force-fed afterwards at the same doses as their parents showed normal growth and fertility. Histological examinations of reproductive tissues from all three generations revealed no evidence of abnormality which could be linked to the effects of consuming stevioside. We conclude that stevioside at a dose as high as 2.5 g/kg body wt/day affects neither growth nor reproduction in hamsters.
    PMID: 1874950"

So according to this study, no effect at all.

I'd like to add, that from my understanding, the rats in the prior study were given massive amounts of the stuff... Do they take into account the stress involved in freaking out these critters multiple times per day?

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23103588

Abstract

The safety of steviol glycoside sweeteners has been extensively reviewed in the literature. National and international food safety agencies and approximately 20 expert panels have concluded that steviol glycosides, including the widely used sweeteners stevioside and rebaudioside A, are not genotoxic. However, concern has been expressed in recent publications that steviol glycosides may be mutagenic based on select studies representing a small fraction of the overall database, and it has been suggested that further in vivo genotoxicity studies are required to complete their safety profiles. To address the utility of conducting additional in vivo genotoxicity studies, this review evaluates the specific genotoxicity studies that are the sources of concern, and evaluates the adequacy of the database including more recent genotoxicity data not mentioned in those publications. The current database of in vitro and in vivo studies for steviol glycosides is robust and does not indicate that either stevioside or rebaudioside A are genotoxic. This, combined with a lack of evidence for neoplasm development in rat bioassays, establish the safety of all steviol glycosides with respect to their genotoxic/carcinogenic potential.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training