Wanting to eat WORSE!

Since I have been drinking Bulletproof coffee I am craving to eat WORSE. Not better. Why could this be? What can I do to help stop it?

The past couple nights I've craved bad food, ate it, and felt horrible and feel like vomiting soon after but it doesn't seem to make me want to do it any less....

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

have you gone very low carb, or zero carb as well ? (& you were not previously).

in otherwords, have you reduced your carb intake a fair bit.

Edit: I should also ask, have you reduced your calorie intake as well ? (are you trying to lose weight)

fake it till you make it

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

Daz asks a couple of key questions here. Are you consuming less calories over the last couple of days? And were you eating lots of carbs before, then stopped suddenly?

One more for you... What exactly are you craving? This may give a clue.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• @daz Yes I have been consuming less carbs because I haven't been eating fruit because of the sugar. I am trying to lose some weight but I have not consciously restricted the amount of calories I am eating (I hate counting calories and there is no point to it, but IF I did then it would probably be less than normal).

@BrainSpankingNews I think I was eating a "normal" amount of carbs, probably around 50% of what I ate mainly from fruit. So switching to Bulletproof is a big difference. And I have basically been craving anything I know is bad. Mainly sweets or salty things. Like cookies, chips, and crackers. Some cheese too. Also I have noticed that the bulletproof coffee hasn't been suppressing my appetite as much as I thought it was going to, is that uncommon? (I also take Adderall and that usually suppresses my appetite quite a bit)

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

@cbaum133 You could try boosting your potassium and adding more butter to your BPC. I add 4-tbsp in the A.M. myself.
    As for the potassium, if we meet our needs (about 4700 mg per day) cravings seem to disappear. I wouldn't take all of this in supplements, but 1/4 to 1/2 that... Or eat about 7-cups of leafy greens to get to about 4700 mg.

As long as you keep in mind that what you take out of your diet creates a space you need to fill with something else (extra healthy fats is good), then you should be alright.

Another thing is, if you've been under a lot of stress, you may be in need of more fuel, and since your body is used to carbs as fuel, it will make you crave them.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!