Bulletproof Coffee taste lacking

Not wanting to wait for my BP beans to arrive, I bought some from a local roaster I know that is fanatical about the quality of his beans. The BP coffee this made was amazing and I couldn't wait until the next morning to have my next cup.

My 5 lb bag of beans arrived and I started using it yesterday and now all I can taste is the oil and butter. I upped the amount of coffee this morning and still can get no coffee taste. Tomorrow I'm going to double it which will hopefully work but even if it does, I just turned $16/lb coffee into $32.

I used my Aeropress yesterday and did cold brew for 20 hours for today's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Bull of HeavenBull of Heaven ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Different beans, different roast, different flavors.

If you prefer the flavor of your local roaster stick with them.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• The original light roast has a pretty delicate taste and flavor profile, though I enjoyed it while I had it. Haven't tried the newer medium and dark roasts. Cacao powder and occasionally pumpkin spice are my go-to ways to add punch to my brew. Good luck!

• To give this process a fair shot, I figured I need to do it 100% which includes the beans and I've got 5 lbs so I guess I'll just be using a lot of coffee until it's gone.

• cold brew is prob the best for his stuff
    the 'Mentalist' is a slight improvement, but no 5lb...