Coffee not frothy, making it incorrectly?

Hi everybody,

I'm a new user for Bulletproof coffee but I think I am making the coffee wrong. So, I follow the guide on how to make it.. not rocket science, but when Its finished in the blender, Its not frothy at all, in fact I still see what looks like oils pooling on top of the coffee, no matter how long I leave it in the blender. Could it be my blender? I am using the high powered nutribullet blender, I figured it would easily blend everything just fine seeing as how it chops of frozen veggies/fruits in it with ease. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hi,

The only time I have had this happen is when I used a bit too much oil and a low powered stick blender. not sure about the Nutribullet as I have not made BPC in mine. It might be that the blender is more made for breaking down solid matter and not aerating / mixing sufficiently? if you have a hand blender, give that a go and see it you notice a difference maybe??

I would be interested to hear what works for you.

Bob Bird.
    Fitness instructor, Bio-Hacker and Blogger over at newhealthoutlook.com

• Air, is actually a major component to a frothy BPC. I think your problem could be that your filling your nutribullet too full.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• It could potentially be the blender. The nutribullet is intended for breaking down more frozen solids but it also, according to the recipe guidebook it comes with, is good for most everything you throw at it. But, I should try a different blender and see if it helps. It's strange looking at the coffee in my mug seeing all this oil just floating around in blobs and no froth.

Also, @ Bull of Heaven -
    Too full? I've tried different amounts of coffee in it from an 8oz, 10oz and 12 oz with 1 tablespoon of Brain Octane and 1 tablespoon of ghee and no matter how much or little I put in, the result is exactly the same. With these 3 different amounts, the nutribullet is not even a quarter full. The nutribullet canister I use is rather large. Its the larger one of the different variants.

• What is the point of froth anyway? Is it actually important in some way?