What supplements does Dave take?

I read an article by Dave where he says he takes 40 different pills every day. Does anyone know if he ever mentioned what the supplements are?

Comments

• @Jake88 said:
    I read an article by Dave where he says he takes 40 different pills every day. Does anyone know if he ever mentioned what the supplements are?

It varies depending on what he's doing that day. I remember seeing one video (possibly Business Insider) where they were filming in his house and the camera panned over all of his supplement bottles lined up. I don't recall seeing anything outside of his list of recommended supplements plus some nootropics like Aniracetam, which he's discussed on the podcasts a dozen times.

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• @Jason Miller said:
    And for someone that looks to have abnormally aged faster in five years than I can recall seeing before, I'm not sure you would want to bother copying it (unless it would have been worse of course)

What are you saying here?

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

@Corstiaan said:

What are you saying here?

It's true. I'm not trying to be a hater, but Dave has aged a lot in the last 4-5 years. He looks unnaturally haggard. It's kind of concerning.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• @Jason Miller said:
    I'm saying exactly as it reads, either he would have aged at a more rapid rate that he has already if he wasn't doing his biohacks, or they didn't work and need to be strongly reevaluated as it seems to have had the opposite effect. His appearance has changed rapidly in only 4 years, that should not happen unless something is very wrong.

@Skeletor said:
    It's true. I'm not trying to be a hater, but Dave has aged a lot in the last 4-5 years. He looks unnaturally haggard. It's kind of concerning.

I didn't realize, If I listen to his podcasts I use audio only.
    Five years seems like a long time tho, he would have to look like he aged ten years in order to see any significant difference between healthy aging.
    If so, I can think of two more obvious possibilities:

• He's got an illness no-one knows about, or an unrelated illness only his team/investors know about.
    • Pumping up your mitochondria speeds up aging, just like impairing them with tetracyclines may do the opposite.
  • acrylicacrylic
    edited June 2017

5 years ago:

Today:

Projected look in 5 years:

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

^...wasn't the top image photoshopped, or something, or was that just a rumour

fake it till you make it

• cortextcortext ✭✭
    edited June 2017

This is the clip that comes to mind for me of when I first heard about Modafinil:

(less than 5 years ago?)

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2012/08/05/exp-risks-of-provigil-int.cnn

https://blog.bulletproof.com/video-cnn-interview-about-provigil/

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

@Jason Miller said:
    And for someone that looks to have abnormally aged faster in five years than I can recall seeing before, I'm not sure you would want to bother copying it (unless it would have been worse of course)

Yep. He is definitely not in the longevity camp. It's more about living at maximum performance for a short period and trying to stretch it for as much as possible.

• I just saw a video of him popping his supplements and I was shocked how old he looked! He's only 44. I didn't realize it was him initially.

• That pic of Dave in the blue shirt above is shocking.
    Does anyone else think he looks fat?

• Or maybe he's just bulked up a lot. He looks a lot different though.

• RomtimRomtim
    edited June 2017

@BMK said:
    Or maybe he's just bulked up a lot. He looks a lot different though.

It is really concerning, that is true. I found out about bulletproof diet (high oils, high veggies, low processed foods, low carbs) and correct vitamins/minerals, and so on a few months ago and we've been eating that way ever since. I'm drinking the bulletproof coffee with butter and brain octane, as well as collagen protein occasionally. I definitely feel much better on a day-to-day basis, but if I am trading this performance for aging much quicker... It is hard to know, lets say it's the brain octane that we're all drinking that for whatever reason makes us all age quicker, how would we know that, unless we look 10-20 years in the future after daily use? Or what if its daily high butter use. It's more likely that its his other pills, drugs, and so on, but seriously, it is scary how he changed in a couple of years. I am on the verge of completely throwing out his diet out of the window and sticking with something more traditional.

The funny thing is that Dave keeps saying how he intends to live 180 years or so.

• jmrjmr
    edited July 2017

It's not the diet or supplements, but most likely all the stem cell therapy in his face and body he's been doing the last few years. That can give one a bloated look that may serve you when you're old and wrinkled and have lost a lot of fat in your face, but will give a younger person a puffy and not so healthy look. TRT therapy (which he claims to do) can also give the user a thick neck which makes one appear older. Grey hair will add many years to ones look and unfortunately there is nothing one can do about that besides coloring.

If Dave resorted to coloring his hair, his bloated look may have slipped by us and we would not be having this discussion. Also, add a couple more years due to his current more mature hairdo.

This all adds up to the guy looking quite a bit older. No surprise.

Anyway, if the diet makes you feel good than keep it up and just appreciate Dave for reporting on all the cutting edge things he does while we can be innocent bystanders and just pick and choose what feels right to us.