Parasite Help!

After years of off and on abdominal pain and tons of testing...I finally found a doctor who did what should have been done years ago.....an extensive stool test! Found out I have a bacterial infection and a parasite (Dientamoeba fragilis) infection as well. She started me on 2 crazy antibiotics: Cipro & Metronidazole. HORRIBLE side effects! Stopped taking them on 2nd day. I am totally against antibiotics but I was so desperate to get rid of this once and for all. Anyone have any alternative ways to get rid of parasite and and bacterial infections??!!

Comments

• cortextcortext ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Just for curiosity's sake, which stool test picked this up? Dave mentioned on a recent podcast that he had some brain eating amoeba that showed up on a GI test, which he was able to catch early before any issues.

I've always been curious to run a GI test lab, but it seems pretty damned expensive to very likely not find anything interesting. (On the flip side, it could be incredibly useful if something weird did show up.)

• Amoeba being a type of worm or parasite?

• Check into diatomaceous earth. it's silica that does great in helping clean nasties out. It's inexpensive and make sure you get food grade only.

• Honestly, I am against antibiotics use too, but in this case it seems that you really really should finish the course. Starting and stopping is not advisable -- you don't want to form resistance. It could save your life one day. Keep us posted, please -- and go to John Brisson's site. FixYourGut.com I think. Look it up. He is the best resource I can think of about this.

• That's actually a myth. The possibility of resistance is directly proportionate to the exposure the bacteria have to the antibiotics. The less you take, the less chance of forming antibiotic resistant strains.

• @Jason Hooper said:
    That's actually a myth. The possibility of resistance is directly proportionate to the exposure the bacteria have to the antibiotics. The less you take, the less chance of forming antibiotic resistant strains.

It makes sense mate, but exposing the bacteria he/she does have to an incomplete course of antibiotics would give that bacteria the chance to adapt. This sounds very serious, and I personally just wouldn't fuck with it at this point. I'd think it better to deal with the side effects, get rid of the infection, and then rebuild. But that's just a personal opinion based on my experiences.

• I think that your misconception arrises from the understanding of how adaptation works. An individual organism does not adapt - meaning that a single bacteria's genes do not change to resist an antibiotic. There are bacteria with the resistant genes already present (mutants). In a normal population, they are usually very few in numbers because without the antibiotics present, they are not as strong as the wild-type ("normal") phenotype. So, let's say that out of a sample population, you have 1 trillion staphylococcus organisms in the normal flora. Well, maybe only one or two are mutants. When you take antibiotics, it knocks down the numbers of the wild-type only giving the mutants an advantage. So, then the mutant population explodes and the wild-type die off. Once the antibiotics stop, the mutants will die off again, and the wild-type will take over once more. This is assuming that the wild-types' numbers don't drop so low that they can't compete. This is when you get outbreaks of MRSA and so on.

In summary, you are much more likely to build a resistant strain the longer you are on antibiotics. The goal is to knock the pathogens down to the point where they are no longer opportunistic and your immune system can take over from there. This is even starting to become the general prescribing consensus among internal medicine practitioners and GP boards.

• @Jason Hooper said:
    I think that your misconception arrises from the understanding of how adaptation works. An individual organism does not adapt - meaning that a single bacteria's genes do not change to resist an antibiotic. There are bacteria with the resistant genes already present (mutants). In a normal population, they are usually very few in numbers because without the antibiotics present, they are not as strong as the wild-type ("normal") phenotype. So, let's say that out of a sample population, you have 1 trillion staphylococcus organisms in the normal flora. Well, maybe only one or two are mutants. When you take antibiotics, it knocks down the numbers of the wild-type only giving the mutants an advantage. So, then the mutant population explodes and the wild-type die off. Once the antibiotics stop, the mutants will die off again, and the wild-type will take over once more. This is assuming that the wild-types' numbers don't drop so low that they can't compete. This is when you get outbreaks of MRSA and so on.

In summary, you are much more likely to build a resistant strain the longer you are on antibiotics. The goal is to knock the pathogens down to the point where they are no longer opportunistic and your immune system can take over from there. This is even starting to become the general prescribing consensus among internal medicine practitioners and GP boards.

So then wouldn't finishing the course of antibiotics make sense in this case, for these very reasons? It seems a serious infection like this must be dealt with as quickly as possible, because obviously the immune system can't overcome on its own.

• paigevanopaigevano
    edited January 4

I've discovered an icky ropeworm infestation in my body (amongst a few other parasites). After doing extensive research about parasites I feel like Ive come up with a effective protocol to start cleansing my body of them. So far its been 4 days and I have eliminated 20-30 rope worms, 6 of them being a foot+ long.
    I have been dealing with mysterious gut issues for years despite following the BP diet and now I have a feeling I know why!
    These are the herbs/supplements im using and the protocol.....
    Note: Mimosa Pudica is incredibly powerful... took it for one day and started eliminating Rope worms the next day with a coffee enema.
    Also... Ive done a parasite cleanse before with everything else but Mimosa Pudica and didn't have the same results, only fluke worms visibly came out.
    Look into Jay Davidson, Dr.ToddWatts, Dr. d'Angelo, and Evan Brand!!!! Via podcast or websites... so much helpful info.
    :::::

I’ve been taking all of this every day 2 times a day. 3 times with the tinctures.
    2 weeks on, one week off, then two weeks on again. Likely for a few rounds.
    Starting one week before the full moon, continue one week after, take a week break, then doing it again.

With the activated charcoal and Diatomaceous Earth make sure to take them at least an hour after food or supplements/herbs. I usually take them mid afternoon and right before I go to sleep.
    Im taking Bentonite Clay also but unless you have intense detox symptoms I bet coconut charcoal will be enough!

HERBS:
    Grape Seed Extract, Oregano Oil, Wormwood, Clove, Black Walnut,( < those 3 can be taken in many different forms but Paraguard is convenient), and Mimosa Pudica.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutribiotic-Gse-Tablets-125-Count/dp/B000I4C0H4

https://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Herbs-Oregano-Liquid-Phyto-Capsules/dp/B00F1J8HOQ

https://www.amazon.com/Zahler-ParaGuard-Advanced-Intestinal-Certified/dp/B016LBZSDK

https://www.amazon.com/Intestinal-Support-Detoxification-Antimicrobial-Supplement/dp/B0762CNYPT

Binders:
    Activated Coconut Charcoal (BP is probably best but more expensive), Diatomaceous Earth, and Bentonite or Zeolite clay.

https://www.amazon.com/Lumino-Home-Diatomaceous-Earth-Fresh/dp/B008EADLHW

https://www.amazon.com/Activated-Charcoal-Capsules-Whitening-Digestive/dp/B01N7UEWKC

Also taking all this…..

vitamin C 5000 mg
    2-3 cloves raw garlic in the am
    apple cider vinegar
    bentonite clay
    lots of coconut oil/mct oil
    ginger tea
    1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds every day
    Cinnamon essential oil (just a drop) in the morning drink and tea at night
    thyme and rosemary essential oil in some meals
    anddd lots of BP coffee enemas... like 2 a day.... with Rosemary, thyme, and clove EO's (just a drop or two). These aren’t everyones cup of tea…. usually until they try them tehe. Super powerful detox for the liver and the digestive tract.

Intense Die off reactions in my body but so grateful to feel like im on the path to getting my health back.
    If anyone else is dealing with parasites, your not alone!

With love and healing~

• @paigevano said:
    I've discovered an icky ropeworm infestation in my body (amongst a few other parasites). After doing extensive research about parasites I feel like Ive come up with a effective protocol to start cleansing my body of them. So far its been 4 days and I have eliminated 20-30 rope worms, 6 of them being a foot+ long.
    I have been dealing with mysterious gut issues for years despite following the BP diet and now I have a feeling I know why!
    These are the herbs/supplements im using and the protocol.....
    Note: Mimosa Pudica is incredibly powerful... took it for one day and started eliminating Rope worms the next day with a coffee enema.
    Also... Ive done a parasite cleanse before with everything else but Mimosa Pudica and didn't have the same results, only fluke worms visibly came out.
    Look into Jay Davidson, Dr.ToddWatts, Dr. d'Angelo, and Evan Brand!!!! Via podcast or websites... so much helpful info.
    :::::

I’ve been taking all of this every day 2 times a day. 3 times with the tinctures.
    2 weeks on, one week off, then two weeks on again. Likely for a few rounds.
    Starting one week before the full moon, continue one week after, take a week break, then doing it again.

With the activated charcoal and Diatomaceous Earth make sure to take them at least an hour after food or supplements/herbs. I usually take them mid afternoon and right before I go to sleep.
    Im taking Bentonite Clay also but unless you have intense detox symptoms I bet coconut charcoal will be enough!

HERBS:
    Grape Seed Extract, Oregano Oil, Wormwood, Clove, Black Walnut,( < those 3 can be taken in many different forms but Paraguard is convenient), and Mimosa Pudica.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutribiotic-Gse-Tablets-125-Count/dp/B000I4C0H4

https://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Herbs-Oregano-Liquid-Phyto-Capsules/dp/B00F1J8HOQ

https://www.amazon.com/Zahler-ParaGuard-Advanced-Intestinal-Certified/dp/B016LBZSDK

https://www.amazon.com/Intestinal-Support-Detoxification-Antimicrobial-Supplement/dp/B0762CNYPT

Binders:
    Activated Coconut Charcoal (BP is probably best but more expensive), Diatomaceous Earth, and Bentonite or Zeolite clay.

https://www.amazon.com/Lumino-Home-Diatomaceous-Earth-Fresh/dp/B008EADLHW

https://www.amazon.com/Activated-Charcoal-Capsules-Whitening-Digestive/dp/B01N7UEWKC

Also taking all this…..

vitamin C 5000 mg
    2-3 cloves raw garlic in the am
    apple cider vinegar
    bentonite clay
    lots of coconut oil/mct oil
    ginger tea
    1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds every day
    Cinnamon essential oil (just a drop) in the morning drink and tea at night
    thyme and rosemary essential oil in some meals
    anddd lots of BP coffee enemas... like 2 a day.... with Rosemary, thyme, and clove EO's (just a drop or two). These aren’t everyones cup of tea…. usually until they try them tehe. Super powerful detox for the liver and the digestive tract.

Intense Die off reactions in my body but so grateful to feel like im on the path to getting my health back.
    If anyone else is dealing with parasites, your not alone!

With love and healing~

Thank you for sharing.

• gabigabi

I had the best results with Zapper and Laser Therapy Ilib mode. The more parasites you have the worse is the die-off but it's totally worthy.