Rapid Fat Loss Protocol

Hi. I'm new around here, but have been on and off Keto (yeah I know not the way to be successful) for the better part of 2 years. I have been drinking bulletproof coffee for most of that time! Yum!

Has anyone recently done the Rapid FatLoss protocol? I'd love to hear some real people experiences. I will be doing this with my husband (which will be annoying, since he is sure to lose more/faster)

Katie

Comments

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

Give it a try. Low-carb, high-fat is an incredibly effective way to lose weight. Just make sure to watch your liver/gallbladder, because toxins in fat stored up over years will dump there to be processed. I almost lost my gallbladder on a zero-carb diet, and had to reintroduce carbs.

Since then, I've learned this liver issue can be managed by taking milk thistle, artichoke extract, and some activated charcoal. Learn to time these things correctly (artichoke and other bile stimulants are best taken after meals; charcoal should never be taken before meals/with meals). Another good idea is to utilize olive oil in the process, because that also helps with bile production. I'm also not a big fan of MCT oil myself, but if you can tolerate it, use sparingly as the protocol recommends. I'm pretty sure this would work to get you to lose a lot of weight, considering the intense state of ketosis you'll be in.

• Hello Katie,

Did you continue with RFLP???? I started I week ago and would like to talk about other's experiences as well. I know there are healthier and more sustainable methods, but I'm desperate and need to lose as quickly as possible due to an issue with my joints. Doctors are pushing for me to get a gastric sleeve surgery, but it's seems so extreme to me (more than RFLP) I'm giving this a try.

I was not very convinced about posting as it seems it's not a very popular method and haven't seen sucess stories for more than a couple weeks, still I'll see what happens.

• I just completed the RFLP. I fasted for 5 days and refeed (today) on carbs for day 6. I lost 10 lbs, and I can see a huge change in inflammation on my face and body. I followed the protocol, supplements included. I did some detoxing but never really felt awful. I also was in ketosis immediately and even after eating healthy good carbs today, my urine stick still shows high ketones. This was mentally challenging! But totally do-able!
    Definitely a huge jump start for me! It has made me even more motivated and feeling even better than before!

• @kbarron said:
    I just completed the RFLP. I fasted for 5 days and refeed (today) on carbs for day 6. I lost 10 lbs, and I can see a huge change in inflammation on my face and body. I followed the protocol, supplements included. I did some detoxing but never really felt awful. I also was in ketosis immediately and even after eating healthy good carbs today, my urine stick still shows high ketones. This was mentally challenging! But totally do-able!
    Definitely a huge jump start for me! It has made me even more motivated and feeling even better than before!

Are you still doing it? I just started today and would love to have someone to bounce results/thoughts off of! Just looking to lose about 25-30 lbs, been doing BP for years but recently gained unexplainable weight from going off of birth control so I'm hoping this protocol will help! thanks

• @cooper367 I restarted the RFLP on Monday, so today is Day 5. I'm currently down 10 lbs (again) but I'll do one final weight in tomorrow and carb reefed tomorrow. I'm happy to bounce results and thoughts around with you. Immediately after the RFLP I did in the beginning of May I found out I was pregnant, so I started to gain a little water weight from that but I just recently lost that pregnancy, so this RFLP is to help cleanse my body and get rid of inflammation. Its helping me feel a lot better!

I don't know how many times I'll do the full 5 day fast, it is tough mentally. And gets old around day 3 and real old again on day 5 haha but I'm thinking about incorporating maybe a 1-2 day fat fast on a weekly, or biweekly basis to help with weight loss and inflammation. And the other days I'll just continue to do IF. I have about 50 lbs to loose (on the conservative end). Hope some of this helps! Good luck with it, you can do it! Just make up your mind to follow it through!

• @Cass887 I lasted 2 days but couldn't stomach eating room temp butter. I could drink it in coffee/tea and broth <- blend and you have "cream of chicken"

I'd love to do it again... Anyone know how to start a support of the RFLP page or something to get like minded people together?

@kbarron Are you still going strong?

• Oh and talk to me about what supplements you really take- all of them is quite and under taking $$ -

Are some absolutely mandatory and others a little less so?

Thanks
    Katie