Meyers Cocktail And Iv Nutrients

Has anyone here received a Meyer's cocktail or any other type of IV vitamins? I heard it mentioned on a recent podcast and looked into it a bit.  I found a lot of "hangover cures" which I expect are largely rehydrating saline and some basic vitamins delivered by IV.  

I've found a few of these clinics in several cities in the range of $130.  If it makes you feel amazing for a week it could be great, if it doesn't do anything it could be an expensive placebo.  I will likely get one just to try but I'm hoping someone can tell me about their experience first. 

Comments

• I had my first one last week. Will certainly get another at some point. For the first run they had me take the standard mixture, which only pushed 2 grams of vitamin C. Next time I will have them adjust it up. They also offered glutathione, but were out of stock.

My mindset and health prior were good. I rarely drink and had not for several months. The effects for me were slightly elevated energy levels. A few people at work who did not know I went for the IV commented on how healthy my skin looked in the days after, this could be coincidence.

Overall the cocktail falls in line with health and well being for me. The price can be mitigated somewhat by getting a bulk purchase or membership type club with the spa. You should try it out and then use it when you want a bit of a boost.

• I get IV viramins with pushes regulalrly especially after traveling it replaces some vitamins, electrolytes, et al. It may be an expensive placebo but it has worked for me on the regular.
  • I appreciate both your comments.  I am going to sign up for my first fairly soon.  I'm hoping to be able to negotiate a higher vitamin dose than 2g vitamin C but maybe that's foolish for my first attempt.  

• tchazzardtchazzard The Human Optimization Project

Has anyone found a site which has a directory of providers with good reps? I am in the northeast and have not been able to locate anyone who offers Myers and/or IV Vitamins. 

Thanks,

Chuck

• Has anyone found a site which has a directory of providers with good reps? I am in the northeast and have not been able to locate anyone who offers Myers and/or IV Vitamins. 

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck

I've been looking for someone in my area, too. I'm in the northwest.  If you find a source, please message me.  I'll do the same.  Thanks.

• I keep posting a similar message in multiple discussions, but I can't in good conscious not do it.

Liposomal delivery of vitamins and nutrients completely changes the game.  Well formed liposomes deliver higher bioavailable doses to the interior of cells (probably the only place it really matters) than even IV delivery methods.

Liposomal at +90% vs IV at 20% intra-cellular bioavailability.

You can get high quality liposomal: glutathione, vitamin C, R-ALA, and B complex for a fraction of the cost of traditional IV treatment.

You can take it on your own at home or while you travel.  Cheaper, easier, readily available, and more effective.  This works!

I view IV vitamins and nutrients as obsolete technology (and I've used them plenty).

I'd like to have a few more nutrients in a liposomal form and one can certainly optimize the affects with things like amino acids or collagen to aid repair, but bottom line you can get better results than a conventional Meyer's cocktail for $4 to $10 per treatment.

• tchazzardtchazzard The Human Optimization Project

Hello Andreas,

Can you direct us to any clinical studies which show the differences in bioavailability? The information you posted seems to be the same as what is stated on LivOn Labs site. 

Thank you,

Chuck

• Chuck -- I have no connection to LivOn Labs other than using their liposomal products.  Their site has a number of papers and studies showing bioavailability of liposomal products.  Levy's site references others.  Lots more on the web.

A

• What would be a normal daily dose of liposomal Vitamin C and Glutathione?

• Linda -

Not certain how to think about "normal dose", but one could work backwards from something like Linus Pauling's recommendations.  If memory serves, Pauling took as much as 10 to 20 grams per day or oral vitamin C.  Bioavailability of oral vitamin C appears somewhere around 5% - 7%.  As liposomal vitamin C has 90% bioavailability, just do the math.

Just a way to think about it.

• Thanks, Andreas.  Math is something I can do. LoL!   I hadn't thought about it that way.  At this point, I'm using both liposomal and oral mainly bc I still have oral in my stash.  I will switch over to 100% liposomal eventually.  I just started on the liposomal glutathion, so sticking with the label for now. 

• Linda - Report back on your results.  I think we've got a great biohack in this.

Best,

A

• Linda - Report back on your results.  I think we've got a great biohack in this.

Best,

A

Will do.  You know what???  I love taking control of my own health like this and not hoping the Dr has some magic pill that will make everything better without side effects.  LOL!  This body is (almost) a drug free zone (if you don't count caffeine as a drug).  Yeah, still one script to get off of and I'm working on that plan now.  Wahoo!!!

• I'm so happy this thread has developed.  Thanks for the great contribution Andreas.  

I bit the bullet and went out to get IV nutrients here in Houston.  It was relatively easy to find a provider by simply google searching "Meyer's Cocktail" or "IV Nutrients."  All of the providers I found were related to longevity clinics in some way.  That would be another good search term if you are unable to find a provider after searching.  

My experience was pleasant but quite expensive.  I do not believe it was worth the cost.  I paid about $200 for a prescription of IV nutrients, Hyperbaric Oxygen, and any other goodies this clinic had to offer.  This included a 1 hour consultation with an MD who I found very knowledgable.  The actual Meyer's cocktail was another $160 and included a massive amount of several nutrients.  25g vitamin C and 2g glutathione are the doses I remember of the top of my head.  I'll not this was all recorded in miliosmolarity which requires some math to turn into a useful unit.  

I had this treatment done on a Wednesday and felt good through the the weekend which was a very busy and hectic time.  I also was taking liposomal glutathione with any alcohol I had during that weekend.  While it was an interesting process and could be useful for treatment of an actual condition, as a (relatively) young healthy individual I do not believe the cost was worth the benefit.  

I love liposomal glutathione and have never considered other liposomal vitamins but am excited to try this new experiment soon.  

• "You can get high quality liposomal: glutathione, vitamin C, R-ALA, and B complex for a fraction of the cost of traditional IV treatment"

Can you mention where/what brands of liposomal products you use - I assume Dave's glutathione, but what about brands for the above listed? I've avoided Livon Vit. C because of their nasty ingredients... 

• "You can get high quality liposomal: glutathione, vitamin C, R-ALA, and B complex for a fraction of the cost of traditional IV treatment"

Can you mention where/what brands of liposomal products you use - I assume Dave's glutathione, but what about brands for the above listed? I've avoided Livon Vit. C because of their nasty ingredients...

Please share - what is nasty about their ingredients?

• Last Friday I did my first Meyer's Cocktail, with boosts of Glutathione and NAD. Did not feel awesome after, in fact I had a headache all weekend. I spent more than James. 

• Eilee66

I just use LivOn.  I don't see their products as perfect, but the others I've tried have led me to serious doubts about whether they actually achieve real liposomal encapsulations.  

I've never received satisfactory answers about the claims for Dave's  liposomal glutathion.   DaVinci's liposomal vitamin C tastes like sodium ascorbate and produces bowel intolerance at doses comparable to ordinary sodium ascorbate.

I have real doubts about home made liposomal concoctions.

I've got no stake in LivOn, but it seems pretty reasonable and of reasonable quality.  I'd love to have a better alternative.  It anyone knows of one, please advise.

• I've read that getting weekly IV's can destroy your veins. Is that true? Wondering if I should be get them less frequently?

• How much NAD did they give you, Joanna?

That's a good question! She told me, I think... but I don't remember. I was in and out of there in under an hour, if that's any gauge? I can ask when I go there next, I've been getting IR saunas every couple weeks there recently. 

• How much NAD did they give you, Joanna?

Just asked - it was 1ml
  • Hello.
    Long time ago we searched for a Myers Cocktail Supplier for our aunt diagnosed with Cancer 4.
    After many sleepless nights we found a supplier recommended us by members of a cancer community.
    Since then we supply ourselves with Myers Cocktail and other iv vitamins monthly.
    If anyone needs, I'll post supplier's blog..._ vitamincvial.blogspot.com_
    I know how difficult it is when you're desperate to find a medicine which can save someone's life...
    Blessings

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file