Inner Balance For Ios Review

124»

Comments

• For $10, it is worth giving it a shot and using it alongside the emwave to see if it works as advertised.

• Cool stuff, have been using the inner balance app for some time now. Altough I still have a question/uncertainty about hrv practice and meditation. When I do my HRV practice and am in high coherence I get a great feeling of inner balance/peace. I am able to keep this up but it takes focused breathing 100% of the time. 

I also do mindfulness meditation. I just observe my mind and eventually it will silence after a while. I also recognize that while I'm in this "no thought" / relaxed state. My breathing gets very shallow and almost non existing. I've tried to "track" my meditation with my Inner Balance app but when I do it with this meditation I'm always in the red / low zone (very low). 

I don't get it, I read some people meditate with the Inner Balance of EMWave. Dave, Peter Sage and some other people. How do they meditate and get that high coherence level?

• Been averaging two 10min session each day with points ranging from around 300 on a bad day and 500+ on a good day. Got a better feeling of the difference between coherence and HRV, as I'm still taking my HRV every morning on waking with the bulletproof app. The HRV works pretty well for training, although it's hard to not train when it tells you too!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Good morning guys.  Read your posts.  Great information.  A few things I don't think people have covered:

1. The sensor periodically needs to be cleaned.  I cleaned the sensor today and the waves from my heart on the "pulse" monitor is the fastest way to make sure your heart rate is accurately being read.  
    2. You must stay still and keep the device and cord still to get accurate readings.
    3. Keep the cord away from electronics.  For example, my laptop makes my pulse readings jittery and that makes it hard to get good coherence readings.
    4. THE MOST IMPORTANT discovery I've just made.  Dave talks about learning to do heartmath normally.  Well, I just started doing sessions where I don't look at my device for feedback.  I put my phone down and concentrate on doing what I normally do to get high coherence score without monitoring my HRV (which is the easiest way to get high coherence scores).  Now I notice that I'm breathing normally for high coherence.  I'm excited to alternate days where I'm allow myself to see the heartmath inner balance to train myself to be in higher coherence (I'm on level 2 and want to get to coherence in level 4).

Excited to hear what you guys think.  What do you think is the next device to make the most difference?  Peanut nIR HEG (brain focus neurofeedback)?

• hey! i have a question regarding the difficulty of inner balance vs emwave2. i tried the emwave (a friend got it) and was hooked. i ordered the inner balance and felt underwhelmed. emwave 2 seemed to me way harder. first day with inner balance i did level 1 with 99% green and then switched to level 2, where i got 90% green. next day i switched to level 3 where i get between 70 and 80% accurancy. in some days i already can switch to level4 ! and i'm by no means a calm person. on the emwave i barley got the light to blue on level 2, it was red the most time. i'm a little disapointed, could the device be broken? or is inner balance just easier then emwave.

• I find not too much difference when I put the device down and just breathe long without the app. I can get into high co, but also have it drop low.

Biggest thing I'm finding difficult is switching my thoughts off. 10 mins flys by and I've thought about hundreds of general things and not really felt like I"m meditating.

Relaxed, calm and happy, but lots of stuff bouncing around my head. Nothing stressful, just general thoughts. The only time I come close is when I think about my breathing closely, which I can do for a few minutes, but then crap floats back in and and wondering how I'd spend my lottery winnings (if I won). Just can't switch off for too long before the brain what's to do something.

Still getting in 2 sessions a day for 10min each.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Still practicing/training twice-a-day. Results haven't improve, in fact the last couple of months I've dropped out of the green more per session and I've had some really poor sessions too. I'm thinking it might be diet relates possibly, as I'm eating some nuts just before bed, that's coincided with poorer scores. I've also noted that my heart rate is a little higher during the session if I've eaten more. But on the plus side a got another award today. Only a few more to get for a clean sweep. Though I'd hoped to be on level 4 by now, still find benefits though continued sessions. Especially sleep, clear mind and a better sense of well being. 

HeartMath_March15_zps7b21dzsi.jpg

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Qi_PowerQi_Power I'll help if I can

Great thread! I just got my emwave2 yesterday, and am very impressed with the layout and functionality thus far. I'll post an update when I've been using it for a month or more. I plan to really give it a lot of time - at least 60 mins per day, so I should see some quick gains I think.

My baby:

AHCm5sm.jpg

1) My research into leaky gut, and colostrum as a healing supplement.

2) I had crazy insomnia for about 6 straight months. I found a solution, you can read my story on PEMF sleep therapy here.

3) I've been successfully making a full-time income online now for 10 years (running online businesses) eg Samurai Web Consulting - hit me up if interested in private coaching or SEO Consultancy.

• How is everyone doing with the Inner balance practices?

Anyone on Level 4? :-P

• Qi_PowerQi_Power I'll help if I can

Damn... Level 4 seems a LONG way away for me, been on level 1 trying to get 80% coherence or more consistently, but still have my days/sessions where I will have a challenge doing that. I've got a long way to go, but so great to be able to know what's going on and track things!

My baby:

AHCm5sm.jpg

1) My research into leaky gut, and colostrum as a healing supplement.

2) I had crazy insomnia for about 6 straight months. I found a solution, you can read my story on PEMF sleep therapy here.

3) I've been successfully making a full-time income online now for 10 years (running online businesses) eg Samurai Web Consulting - hit me up if interested in private coaching or SEO Consultancy.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Some people are kick some serious arse on inner balance, unfortunately I'm not one of them.

I got to level 3 pretty quickly, but have been there for ages. Nowhere near moving to level 4. Lot more info in this thread.

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/5041-top-scores-inner-balance-coherence/

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I signed up for an account here almost entirely due to this thread :)

I am about to order an Inner Balance cable and this thread has helped in the decision.

I am already using HeartRate+ on my iPhone (http://heartrateplus.com/). It's decent especially for its price. But Inner Balance seems more full featured (opinion from watching Youtube videos and seeing screenshots).

Here is a podcast episode I got a link to earlier today with an interview with HeartMath's Howard Martin:

https://www.spreaker.com/user/highperfliving/hrv-with-heartmath-and-howard-martin?autoplay=1

It's a podcast for veterinarians but this episode is good for anybody, especially people reading here. There are a few nice tidbits for those of you with pets.

• I've upgraded to iOS9 and had a few issues with inner balance software either not running or crashing at the end of the session. Contacted Heartmath support, it's a known issue and they are working on it and we can expect an update soon.....

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Inner Balance keeps crashing at the end of my session, deleting the data, as if I'd not done it. Lost 4x12mins of training so far. No update as of yet :( 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I'm losing every session now! Get to the end, press stop and it quits the app without saving any of the data. Sucks

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Update:

just rewatched the two youtube video by Dr Alan Watkins linked above after 3.5 years of doing inner balance twice-a-day for a rough total of 24mins almost everyday. Dug the clips out for someone who asked about my meditation, which is watch I call my inner balance training to newbies.

After watching the video, everything point he makes and every benefit he talks about, I recognise in my life since starting the inner balance. From my experience, it truly works and is worth every minute.

Amazing to watch what started this journey 3.5years ago again and see how well it's worked.

Just as ref for inner balance users, I've got 843,266 pts!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• This seems like an old thread but I'm going to post anyway because Heartmath doesn't have something like this. I'm a long time meditator....on and off 20+ years. I've tried many styles of meditation and at this point am pretty flexible about which style I use (Zen, TM, Yogic, Buddhist etc.) . Doesn't matter that much to me. So I was quite curious about the IB trainer. I've been using it for about a year but don't feel like there is much 'training' going on. I have been in level 4 with good results and have had to scale back to level 2 and sometimes struggle even to reach a decent amount of coherence (for me 300 points is sort of a minimum per session) in 20 minutes. So I'm in it or I'm not in it. I have also tried to meditate and not look at the App, terrible results. I fully on board with the science but struggle to 'find' out to use the trainer to 'train'.

Welcome any thoughts is anyone is still reading this thread!

• @nac said:
    This seems like an old thread but I'm going to post anyway because Heartmath doesn't have something like this. I'm a long time meditator....on and off 20+ years. I've tried many styles of meditation and at this point am pretty flexible about which style I use (Zen, TM, Yogic, Buddhist etc.) . Doesn't matter that much to me. So I was quite curious about the IB trainer. I've been using it for about a year but don't feel like there is much 'training' going on. I have been in level 4 with good results and have had to scale back to level 2 and sometimes struggle even to reach a decent amount of coherence (for me 300 points is sort of a minimum per session) in 20 minutes. So I'm in it or I'm not in it. I have also tried to meditate and not look at the App, terrible results. I fully on board with the science but struggle to 'find' out to use the trainer to 'train'.

Welcome any thoughts is anyone is still reading this thread!

I'm with you. I don't get it. Am I supposed to "try" to cohere? Seems to be no rhyme or reason to my scores and my drifting in and out of coherence. Any tips and tricks from Pro Coherers would be appreciated!

• @Mike Knickerbocker said:
    I'm with you. I don't get it. Am I supposed to "try" to cohere? Seems to be no rhyme or reason to my scores and my drifting in and out of coherence. Any tips and tricks from Pro Coherers would be appreciated!

There's a delay between your actions and the coherence changing. If you yawn, it will take about 5-10 seconds before your coherence dives.

What helps me:

• Focusing on each inhale and exhale separately (My Inspiration + Mini HRV + Mini Breath Pacer only)
    • Looking at the Mini Breath Pacer
    • Softly trying to keep the Mini HRV as a smooth, beautiful sine curve
    • Focusing gently
    • Sitting up straight
    • Breathing deeply

What distracts me:

• Being tired
    • Yawning
    • Trying too hard
    • Breathing too deeply
    • Swallowing
    • Random thoughts