Need A Salty Snack? Try Coconut Chips!

Super simple, super delicious, and super BP. What could be better??

Ingredients:

Organic Unsweetened Coconut flakes

Pink Himalayan Salt (to taste)

Optional add-ins: organic ground cinnamon, organic ground ginger, stevia, xylitol or any other spice that suits you! I really like this with curry powder, but I'm aware that's probably not the most bulletproof option...

In a pan: combine coconut flakes and salt (plus any spices you want to add). Cook over low heat and stir constantly until flakes turn golden brown. Remove from heat quickly and place into bowl as these keep cooking and browning even after they are taken off the heat! Toss in any sweetener (if wanted, I haven't tried this as I just like these just salty!) while the flakes are cooling, and keep tossing to coat.

Quick and easy method:

Toss ingredients into a foil lined tray in a convection oven. Bake at 325 degrees for about 5 minutes. Watch closely as these brown quickly! Toss to make sure they are evenly coated with salt and any spices, remove to bowl and enjoy!

Once cooled you could even toss in some chopped dark chocolate to make an awesome trail mix! Options are kind of limitless here!
Tagged:

Comments

• i saw this recipe........ and instantly made it haha awesome idea, i am so used to snacking that this will help with my cravings, thanks for sharing