Creating A Zeo Baseline

StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
I've been trying to create a baseline / control measurement using my Zeo and think I need some help.

I've been wearing it every night in hopes of getting an average value but a few things have ruined it one night here or there which has ruined the all time ZQ score. I now need to keep the records separately and I guess I need some help on the "scientific" side in creating a control measurement so I can start sleep hacking.

I routinely go to sleep at 10pm and wake up anywhere between 5 and 6 depending on when my baby daughter wakes me up (!) My new method I guess is to discard any nights where I don't go to bed at 10 or if I get up too early or woken too often during the night. If I do this for 2 weeks including weekends, I think I'll have a reliable figure to work with. Does this seem sufficient/accurate?

I could be going over the top with this, but I am meticulous (work as a software tester) and want to get things as perfect as they can be.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Steven;

Even when you have a night that you "throw out" to get at a baseline - do your REM and Deep numbers still look about the same? Interested in knowing (I have a sleep site, and my numbers are all over the place night to night)...

Cheers,

Doug
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    There are some nights that are total garbage, like when the battery ran out about 20 minutes after I fell asleep, or other nights where I've woken up to find the headband on the floor! haha

There are a few nights where I've had around 3 or 5 hours instead of 7-8 and deep sleep has been pretty similar. e.g. It's usually about 1 hour, and for the night I had 3 hours 12 minutes sleep, the deep sleep was 43 minutes.

REM goes way down though.

Maybe I can include some deliberate tests to try to make my sleep bad as well as good!
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

How you finding the zeo? thinking about getting one, although not too many places in the UK to get them.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    I like it but I don't like having to use my iPhone all the time. Its battery life seems to have gone down a lot since the phone has to be plugged in to use the Zeo, so I have to recharge it regardless of how much battery life is left.

As far as what it does, it seems pretty good. But I don't really have anything to compare it to :grin:
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I've been using the iphone app 'Sleep Cycle' for over a year. Works great for waking up at the correct time, although it horrible when it goes off early and then you realise you're wide awake! Used to be a constant hitter of the snooze button before. Not sure how good the data if collects is and thought the Zeo might be better. Also use the withings wifi scales and the app for that links to the zeo too, which would be handy.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well