Todays Lunch

for those of you that don't know, I would not consider myself fully BP yet. 

I have only known about BP for several months and I was brought here via the coffee.

while I do have the BPC every morning, my diet is gradually inching more BP as I work on adopting different things. 

here was my lunch today:

1 avocado, 1 yam, and pickled herring, and some kalamata olives.

fairly BP? thoughts?

Comments

• Only thing I would do is move the potato to dinner and use veg, only to extend the fat for fuel pathway a few more hours.

I absolutely agree with Jason. Keep the yams for post-workout/evening meals.

Jake

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

You can never be fully BulletProof. You can just be more or less BulletProof by the choices you make.

As for the Yam's, I've been reading 4HB and Tim talks about how long it takes for nutrients to reach your blood. Most carbs can take 2-3hrs to reach your blood to spike insulin and raise your blood sugar levels (depending on what you eat and what you eat it with). I eat my Yam around 3pm with butter and lots of veg and eggs, but my evening training session isn't till around 6-7pm. When's the best time for you to actually have the spike in blood sugar training wise? 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• You can never be fully BulletProof. You can just be more or less BulletProof by the choices you make.

As for the Yam's, I've been reading 4HB and Tim talks about how long it takes for nutrients to reach your blood. Most carbs can take 2-3hrs to reach your blood to spike insulin and raise your blood sugar levels (depending on what you eat and what you eat it with). I eat my Yam around 3pm with butter and lots of veg and eggs, but my evening training session isn't till around 6-7pm. When's the best time for you to actually have the spike in blood sugar training wise? 

Earlier the better so insulin has cleared by time you train & HGH is blunted.
  • Not bad. But... Does that pickled herring contain sugar? A lot of the jarred herrings always come in some sort of sauce that has sugar. Hope you're reading labels! :)

• I can't read; or write..................sucks.  ;) 

While it does contain some, I still consider it a net positive; and is definitely one of the purest herring I've found.

http://www.acmesmokedfish.com/herring/26-oz-herring-wine

An interesting paleo topic on the stuff:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/hot-topics/blue-hill-bay-pickled-herring/

Not bad. But... Does that pickled herring contain sugar? A lot of the jarred herrings always come in some sort of sauce that has sugar. Hope you're reading labels! :)

• I love pickled fish, don't think most of it is BP tho because of the spices they use. The liquid is discarded so I don't think that there is much sugar in the fish and bacteria or fungus seams to not like the environment in the jar.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]