Yogurt?

Is sugarless yogurt inflammatory or anti-inflammatory? 

I see sources claiming it's inflammatory because it's dairy product and then I see other sources saying it's anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal.

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

all I know is it's not bulletproof :-(

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Bad part = denatured casein

Good part = Probiotics

To avoid the bad part buy probiotics seperatly.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • General rule is that the only bulletproof dairy is milk, cream, and butter (raw, grassfed).

• edited March 2013

So if I blend a summer smoothie with ice, organic fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh/frozen blueberries, strawberries, greek yogurt, banana, and some protein powder...does that instantly become a "cheat day"  :)  ?  

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • it's the one thing I am finding VERY difficult to give up... such an easy go-to snack that I put almond butter in, some blueberries, or other berries... at least it's organic

• Super NinjaSuper Ninja Master of Stealth
    edited March 2013
    Love yoghurt! But I noticed I get inflamed if I have it too regularly. Although when I do occasionally have it its usually sheep's milk yoghurt which is supposedly far easier to digest.

Everything' better with butter...and bacon!

• Blend ice to a slush and set aside.

Blend 6 eggyolks with 50g butter, 20ml MCT, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon chocolate powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 teaspoons of stevia.

Mix in the ice and blend some more.

Ad whey last and just mix a short time like 10 sec.

Milk free, fructose free.

[email protected]
  • Anything hard to give up is addicting, you just need to figure out why, or at least understand why.

LOL Jason.. I"m not addicted to it... I just have an extremely busy job - I do many things at once and run a very busy shop.....a cup of yogurt with some almond butter and a few blueberries is an easy snack to get through quickly

Blend 6 eggyolks with 50g butter, 20ml MCT, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon chocolate powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 teaspoons of stevia.

Pierre, do you have the nutritional info on this by chance? thanks for the recipe... would like to try it tomorrow!!!

• OMG... I'm not sure how you got that recipe, but it is one of the most amazing things I've ever tasted...... have you ever though of freezing it, like ice cream? wow!

• OMG... I'm not sure how you got that recipe, but it is one of the most amazing things I've ever tasted...... have you ever though of freezing it, like ice cream? wow!

• oops, and I forgot to add the whey lmao... it was still amazingly good!!!

Its my version of one of Daves recepies. Glad you liked it, I have it almost every day :)

[email protected]

That sounds awesome!

Will definitely try this when I get a chance.

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• can I have this as an After-workout shake?

• Ditch the yogurt, unless it's completely grass-fed (& finished)... And you're not lactose intolerant. Why not try coconut yogurt (with no sugar added)? 

• RodRod The Rodfather

Ditch the yogurt, unless it's completely grass-fed (& finished)... And you're not lactose intolerant. Why not try coconut yogurt (with no sugar added)? 

Ditch the yogurt unless you know the strain of probiotics used. The inflammatory response is not limited to the denatured protein but crap strains they use to culture the yogurt.  People should focus on populating very specific strains to their gut flora.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected]