Liver Flush

Dave has mentioned the olive oil/grapefruit juice liver flush. I searched the web but I didn't get concrete results. I would like step by step instructions with what to expect. Can you point me to a reliable source of information?

Comments

• Dave had posted a link in one of the show notes.

Not sure I want to try this :?
  • So...if I were a binge-drinking, pizza guzzling frat-boy from ages 17-23...pretty good chance my liver is still damaged and not functioning properly 10 years later even though I'm down 50+ lbs from my peak and spent 3 yrs as an "endurance athlete"...who subsequently crashed with adrenal fatigue??? Oh yeah, and I was a sleep-deprived rotating shift-worker ages 28-30...6a-6p, then 6p-6a one day later...

Should I nail this liver flush??

• Dave has mentioned the olive oil/grapefruit juice liver flush. I searched the web but I didn't get concrete results. I would like step by step instructions with what to expect. Can you point me to a reliable source of information?

www.sensiblehealth.com
  • DagothUrDagothUr
    edited July 2012
    'dpwdan' wrote:

So...if I were a binge-drinking, pizza guzzling frat-boy from ages 17-23...pretty good chance my liver is still damaged and not functioning properly 10 years later even though I'm down 50+ lbs from my peak and spent 3 yrs as an "endurance athlete"...who subsequently crashed with adrenal fatigue??? Oh yeah, and I was a sleep-deprived rotating shift-worker ages 28-30...6a-6p, then 6p-6a one day later...

Should I nail this liver flush??

In general, I personally see no objective reasons for you to try it. You don’t seem to have any pains or other symptoms that may directly point to liver problems, associated with liver and gallbladder stones. If fatty liver is of concern, then it is most likely already resolved, considering you lost weight and assuming you are eating a bulletproof - paleo type of diet. Considering other information provided e.g. shift working, sleep deprivation. Adrenal fatigue is a viable possibility. Perhaps focus on this?
  • Check out book or videos with Andreas Moritz image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • edited August 2012
    I think I have to agree with DagothUr. Liver flush is usually prescribed and internal medicine course graduates believe it is best to ask the experts first. Well, if you wanna be sure the first time, try some DIYs of liver flush.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭
    Did anyone actually give this a try? I'm game, but I've read that its fake as the salts and oil create the stones that you crap out.
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

I call bullshit. You're just turning the olive oil into a soap with the magnesium salt. 

No sorcery, just science. 

• edited April 2013

My wife and I did the flush a few weeks ago. 

It was interesting.  If nothing else it definitely flushes your bowels.  :)

The detox was originally made popular by a semi-crazy woman named Hulda Clark.

Her instructions are on the web in many places but I found this to be the best because it has inline notes from the editor with research tied in.

There are many books on Amazon touting the same protocol.  I read a ton of reviews/experiences for this one before sending my wife and I down this path.  At the end of the day I figured it couldn't hurt so we gave it a shot.  Isn't that what any good biohacker would do?

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

On the liver topic, someone mentioned to be that cause I take a lot of supplements (all bulletproofie) that it might be causing stress on my liver. Is there any truth in that. Only taking stuff recommended here. 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• On the liver topic, someone mentioned to be that cause I take a lot of supplements (all bulletproofie) that it might be causing stress on my liver. Is there any truth in that. Only taking stuff recommended here. 

I've heard Tim Ferriss say that too. Though he was talking about people who take 140+ pills a day. I take probably around 40-50. Even though I don't think 40-50 is dangerous I still might give this liver flush thing a shot some day.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I'm taking around 60 a day, which is a lot from a normal persons point of view.

Any ideas of watch to watch out for regarding the liver struggling to cope?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Does anyone have access to a good protocol for this type of liver flush?  I've read that you shouldn't use the epsom salts and I've also read you should.

I've read there are resting/sleeping positions you should assume for periods of time, before & after eating protocols etc.

Anyone know where I can learn more on what Dave recommends?

Thanks!

• edited May 2013

Dave recommends this protocol http://www.betterbabybook.com/liver/.

It's basically just like the original from Hulda Clark.  Don't worry about getting it perfect.  It will work regardless of sleeping position.  I sleep on my stomach and had no problems.

If you spend too much time analyzing the experiences and opinions of others will paralyze your ability to take action. Just do it and see if you feel better after. And if you mess up the protocol it's no big deal; you'll have your own experience to work from the next time.

Hack on!