Arline Travel With Supplements / Mct Oil

I travel very infrequently but I have a trip coming up. I am just getting started on the BP diet and I am planning ahead for my trip. What is the best way to pack supplements? I take 6ish pills everyday and consume several oz of MCT. Both of those items are bulky and would be easier to transport if I were able to consolidate them. I am guessing that putting my pills and MCT oil in a check bag would make it easier to get through security? Any rules about the supplements needing to be in their original packaging.

I plan on buying coffee and butter at my destination so I am not as concerned about that.

Thanks for the help.

Joshua

PS I hate spell check suggestions!!! if someone can fix the subject of the post to read "Airline". Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• As long as they aren't carried on the plane, you should be fine. For instance, MCT Oil would be best packed away as it's a liquid. As far as supplements, I've never had a problem if they are in pill form.
    Life is one giant experiment.
  • On a multiday trip you might just have to ship it to yourself or buy some where you're going. The TSA is such a phugging joke..
  • It hasn't posed a problem to pack the whole bottle of MCT oil, L-Glutathione, colagen protein powder, a ziplock of upgraded coffee beans and a mean mess of supplement bottles into a checked bag for me in domestic travel. The larger problem for me was ending up with a large 45lbs suitcase once it was all said and done. Need to pair down for travel...

Dave mentioned packing MCT oil into 3oz travel bottles in your carry-on luggage in one of his podcasts.
  • The only problem that I've had was to carry on a couple ounces of Natural Calm in a small Nalgene bottle. They decided to hand check my bag and were quite surprised to find white powder. When they also found the couple days of supplements and the small bottle of pink salt, my story seemed believable to them. The look on the screener's face was priceless when she pulled out the Natural Calm though image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />
    Brian
    Why does if feel like we know less than nothing about how to be healthy?
  • edited July 2012
    'Joshua wrote:

I travel very infrequently but I have a trip coming up. I am just getting started on the BP diet and I am planning ahead for my trip. What is the best way to pack supplements? I take 6ish pills everyday and consume several oz of MCT. Both of those items are bulky and would be easier to transport if I were able to consolidate them. I am guessing that putting my pills and MCT oil in a check bag would make it easier to get through security? Any rules about the supplements needing to be in their original packaging.

I plan on buying coffee and butter at my destination so I am not as concerned about that.

Thanks for the help.

Joshua

PS I hate spell check suggestions!!! if someone can fix the subject of the post to read "Airline". Thanks

Be careful with buying coffee at your destination, unless you are sure of the source. I made that mistake when I travelled for a week. I brought MCT oil with me and bought KerryGold when I got there, and proceeded to drink BPC with Starbucks all week. By the second day i was feeling like crap for the remainder of the trip.