Bioforce Hrv Vs. Emwave?

M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Is anyone familiar with this: http://www.bioforcehrv.com/ ?  I know the creator was on the podcast.

How is it different from the EmWave?  Is one better than the other?  I know the bioforce is more for workout recovery but why can't the EmWave be used in the same way?

I am currently in the market and I guess I don't really understand it fully.  I thought maybe someone could say some stuff about it.

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

I need to know this too, I'm going to call the company. 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions Consultwithrod@live.com 

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I'm interested too

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• so can emwave or innerbalance be used the same way as this.. any updates?

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

^ Bump

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• edited May 2013

Hi,

First of all i do not have experience with the Bioforce HRV device. However having read the website i see that it does provide you with an HRV score.

So i would say it functions the same as Emwave, the better you relax the higher your score. The thing with the bioforce device is that you have to wear

a chest strap while with the Emwave you can just hold your finger on it. I would say you can also use the Emwave for checking if you are ready for your

next workout/exercise, HRV does tell you if you are rested enough.

$197 without Polar RS100 heartbeat monitor (chest strap)

$279 with Polar RS100

• Just responded to a similar thread but ill post my comment here too.. I've been using bioforceHRV for 2months now.. Has changed the way I approach my training.. If ur serious about ur training it's a must have, the book that comes with it is worth it's weight in gold. I thought I new my body's limits, this app has taught me so much about my recovery and I'm no longer getting colds or injuries. Hope this feedback helps, he's onto version 2.0, has some bugs but really good update.
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Explain how it's changed your training. What are you doing different now, how's it improved your training?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• edited May 2013

I have the emWave and I'd like to know how you use it to know if you're ready to train. Like it measures heart rate variance, but other things affect that, and when you first start off with it, you need to work to get coherence anyways. Does this mean you shouldn't train at all until you reach a level of coherence? HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS! Sorry, I got a little agitated. Time to use my emWave again.

p.s. The emWave 2 has an ear clip that comes with it too, so you don't have to hold ur finger on it or strap it to your chest. It's pretty easy to use, and you can get them for around $169 on Amazon (I think).