My Wife Feels Bloated And Dizzy

edited July 2012 in The Bulletproof Diet
My wife and I have been doing this "BPIF" thing for, 4 days. We keep in the green zone 99% of the time and enjoy our BPC "with MCT and kerygold butter". I have lost 12 pounds in 4 days and my wife has gained a couple pounds and has lost 3 pounds so she really lost 1 pounds. She says that she feels bloated and has been drinking sea salt and water. Can it be the sea salt in the water? Also says that she feel dizzy. Any ideas?

Comments

• it could be dye off symptoms of candida, or simple the transition to low carb / high fat...

important (and that helped me) to really eat enough fat and food in the beginning, maybe not start with IF until she is used to it.
  • Well we have been eating paleo/primal for about 8 months with some results. But not extreme probably due to the fact that we can't afford grass beef on regular basis. But now that is changing because we eat less and can afford it now. So I highly doubt that it would be to low carb/high fat. But thanks for the reply.
  • edited July 2012
    'Bettie' wrote:
    it could be dye off symptoms of candida, or simple the transition to low carb / high fat... important (and that helped me) to really eat enough fat and food in the beginning, maybe not start with IF until she is used to it.
    How long do the dye off symptoms of candida take to dye off usually? LIke I said she has been gluten free/primal for a year now, so it can't be the low carb/high fat diet. She's no longer dizzy but still bloated. It's been 7 days now and I have lost 14lbs. She has loss 1lbs but keeps gaining 3lbs and then loses 1lbs the next day. Not sure whats going on here? We are going to experiment and replace coffee with green tea to see what happens, if that doesn't changes anything then we will use ghee instead of butter.
  • edited July 2012
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]well i don't think its candida then, when you have eaten gluten free/primal for such a long time... but it's difficult to say.

it could be a hormonal issue or food allergy, does she eat dairy?

maybe she can track exactly what she eats for a couple of days or weeks, that maybe shows what could cause the problem.

i react to soo much food in a bad way, for me most of my diet is fat (butter, coconut oil..) and meat. i get bloated from most fruits, dairy (except heavy cream and butter), some vegetables, all grains, most nuts...

did she recently start with coconut oil or eat more of it? that could be the problem. you have to build up with coconut oil, i had to learn that the hard way myself! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />[/font]
  • edited July 2012
    'Bettie' wrote:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]well i don't think its candida then, when you have eaten gluten free/primal for such a long time... but it's difficult to say.

it could be a hormonal issue or food allergy, does she eat dairy?

maybe she can track exactly what she eats for a couple of days or weeks, that maybe shows what could cause the problem.

i react to soo much food in a bad way, for me most of my diet is fat (butter, coconut oil..) and meat. i get bloated from most fruits, dairy (except heavy cream and butter), some vegetables, all grains, most nuts...

did she recently start with coconut oil or eat more of it? that could be the problem. you have to build up with coconut oil, i had to learn that the hard way myself! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />[/font]

We have been cooking with coconut oil for a year as well. We don't eat dairy on a regular basis at all, since raw dairy is pretty expensive. It's been a a challenge to figure out something that brings results for her.

Thanks again Bettie.
  • edited August 2012
    My wife still feels bloated. We have switched over to ghee but no progress as far as bloating but she is no longer dizzy. Could it be the MCT oil? We are going to try some probiatics today to see if that makes any changes. She drink red apple cider vinegar on a daily basis as well. Really need some help guys thanks.
  • passionflower leaf small mouthful -1-5 times a day for comfort. removes bad esrtogen
  • MCT oil does that to me. Once I reduced the amount, I had no more abdominal pain or nausea. Just to test it out, I had a teaspoon straight and felt awful for hours.