Not Enough Protein ?

i was just wondering how much protein you all eat?

a "normal" week day for me comes out about: 80% fat, 14% protein and 6% carbs.

that's around 60gr. of protein. i am female 5 7" looking to loose 15-20 lbs.

i just find it very difficult to get more protein in. i do bulletproof IF, tea with fat only at 8pm. & 12pm, then i have a self made proteinshake (coconut milk & water + raw eggs) or a snack in the afternoon and diner at 8pm (mostly ground beef or liver, sometimes horse, bison, beef steak or fish + veggies + fat) and some dark chocolate

i just can't eat more protein in one sitting and as i do IF i can't eat more than this two meals.

or is it just enough protein since my protein sources are very high quality?

i mean i live here:

Appenzeller-Kuehe-a22414402.jpg

next to them:

spitzhaube1.jpg

(sorry i just had to share this... image/icon_mrgreen.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mrgreen:' /> )

so let me know, do i over think my macros?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Uhm, I am very aware we shouldn't be afraid of fats, but 80%?? Why not try to cut that down to 30-40% and replace that with protein? Are you getting enough vegetables and nutrients?

Also, have you ever tracked your calories? I am all in favour of throwing out the "Calories in, calories out" approach to diet, but when you're talking about the last few pounds, yes, they DO count! (apparently more so when you are a woman). 80% of fat is going to add up very quickly so you may want to look into that. You may benefit from reading this interesting thread: http://www.marksdail...hread29501.html If you have been stuck for a while I think it may be worth a try. Quote:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Several said the reason for my stall was not enough fat. The paleo argument that primitive game was leaner and Primals are kidding ourselves about the need for so much fat does have some merit. Fat is not the demon we have been led to believe, but we shouldn't go “hog wild” with it either. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Batty’s very perceptive comments on fat:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"so, we have all programmed our bodies to switch from carbs to fat as fuel by bombarding ourselves with fat. now, our bodies are running happily with fat as fuel, and we are now still bombarding ourselves with its preferred fuel source. with the bombardment of dietary fat, you're not giving your body the ability to tap into its reserves.[/font]

Looks like we're in the same boat in terms of weight, I have the same amount to lose (I misread your post in the other thread and assumed you had to lose 201 lbs, oops sorry!!). I haven't reached a plateau at any point so I hope I can just keep going until the target image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Nice pictures, Switzerland is beautiful. Sprechen sie Deutsch? Ou vous parlez français? Sorry don't do Italian image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

(I'm from Belgium originally and our language situation is very similar to yours)
  • OMG 200 lbs to loose, i would be a bit of dust then image/icon_e_wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';-)' /> no i am around 150lbs. - not overweight but my body keeps all around my midsection so i really need to loose!

i know 80% is a bit too much but i find it hard to cut down there... i need at least 70% to feel good and get a stable blood sugar and since i do IF (probably only way for me to loose) i am always around 80%... i mean i have two teas with fat and that comes in around 70-80 grams of fat, then i get more fat with my fish oil supplement, meat, eggs, coconut milk and the cooking...

i love meat, but 150-180 grams of beef steak feels a lot of food to me, and this only has 30-40 gram of protein. i just can't eat more than this in one setting, and i could not afford it anyway. i could do more protein if i would eat dairy. drinking protein shakes or having a cup of cottage cheese for example, but i don't tolerate it.

maybe i just need a couple of ideas about good protein sources...?

for weight loss, my calories are always between 1500-2000 and i do loose as long as i do IF. i think my main problem is having wine and beer on the weekends and sometimes during the week (for this i really hate summer!) but will check out the link to the MDA thread.

btw. belgium is pretty! und ich spreche deutsch image/icon_e_wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';-)' />