Bulletproof Bodybuilder

2»

Comments

• fergienzfergienz Alex Fergus

Another thought. I tend to store alot of fat on my back (alot being relative here, I am sub 10% BF). My abs are lean year round - full 6 pack with obliques showing etc, but I'll have a 'hands worth' of fat on my lower back (love handles).

Is this just genetics? Or could it be related to stress/inflammation etc.

Head coach & Trainer at AFCoaching.com.au - Optimising Health & Performance 

• That was a cool read, I'm not a bodybuilder although I love hitting the gym and building up some strength and putting on a bit of muscle. 

I've heard from a number of sources that Creatine is quite well known for causing acne. I will be honest in that I haven't looked into the research of this though so treat it as an urban legend until you can confirm it for yourself. 

Have you tried tracking your acne in accordance to your diet changes and stress levels? Perhaps go without the chocolate for a bit and see, or compare your acne 10 weeks out with 1 week out, etc to see if it's stress related. If you ever take 1-2 weeks off training, check your acne levels there again.

Personally I've always used broscience to associate my back acne with sweat and have found that always showering before bed and keeping my bed sheets/pillows clean as possible helps to some extent - this is especially true if you are working at the gym, then taking a nap mid day, then working at the gym, then sleeping again. Also always showering immediately after a workout rather than being lazy and driving home to take a nice bath instead of getting stared at by naked old men in the showers at gym.

• HazakinsHazakins Graveyard shift putting me in the Grave!

Never had any Acne problems from Creatine (I take about 20g pre workout). eliminating dairy is what really helped me.

Showering right after the workout as well.

As I have gotten older (29, married with kids) the less I care about people seeing me in the shower. As a overweight teen I would have never been seen in a public shower.

Trying to get a grasp on Ketosis? Watch this!

That was a cool read, I'm not a bodybuilder although I love hitting the gym and building up some strength and putting on a bit of muscle. 

I've heard from a number of sources that Creatine is quite well known for causing acne. I will be honest in that I haven't looked into the research of this though so treat it as an urban legend until you can confirm it for yourself. 

Have you tried tracking your acne in accordance to your diet changes and stress levels? Perhaps go without the chocolate for a bit and see, or compare your acne 10 weeks out with 1 week out, etc to see if it's stress related. If you ever take 1-2 weeks off training, check your acne levels there again.

Personally I've always used broscience to associate my back acne with sweat and have found that always showering before bed and keeping my bed sheets/pillows clean as possible helps to some extent - this is especially true if you are working at the gym, then taking a nap mid day, then working at the gym, then sleeping again. Also always showering immediately after a workout rather than being lazy and driving home to take a nice bath instead of getting stared at by naked old men in the showers at gym.

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I love lifting, and I have a strong competitive side, I think really its just that I need to be 'different'. Combine that with my desire to be as healthy and happy as possible and you have the end result - a Bulletproof bodybuilder!

I've cycled creatine over the years and usually stop it all together when I go on holidays (2 weeks etc), but I've never noticed any changes with the acne. its not bad, Like most people would even laugh if I told them I have a acne problem. 

Also another thing that i forgot to mention, I have bouts of tinea. Once again I thought it was just from the gym (which it probably is, as I see it frequently with gym goers). But it does spread, and sometimes it flairs up really bad. So i figured there must be something 'not 100%' in the gut. But I'm still new to this field.

Yup I shower after training at the gym. Sometimes I shower 3-4x a day (especially over summer... I walk to work, build up a sweat, shower, train, shower, train clients, shower, bed haha). But I'll try changing my sheets more frequently :)

Cheers

Never had any Acne problems from Creatine (I take about 20g pre workout). eliminating dairy is what really helped me.

Showering right after the workout as well.

As I have gotten older (29, married with kids) the less I care about people seeing me in the shower. As a overweight teen I would have never been seen in a public shower.

Awesome, I'll see how it goes eliminating the diary. 

Do you still use Whey Protein? 

I used to have Whey, Cottage Cheese, Butter, And raw milk daily. Now I'm just taking Whey and Butter

Should I ditch these? Maybe switch to Ghee over Butter?

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Another thought. I tend to store alot of fat on my back (alot being relative here, I am sub 10% BF). My abs are lean year round - full 6 pack with obliques showing etc, but I'll have a 'hands worth' of fat on my lower back (love handles).

Is this just genetics? Or could it be related to stress/inflammation etc.

=====

I can't remember where but Dave has mentioned love handles and around the neck/chin area puffing up and appearing fat as a sign of inflammation. Although it could be both inflammation and fat!

=====

I can't remember where but Dave has mentioned love handles and around the neck/chin area puffing up and appearing fat as a sign of inflammation. Although it could be both inflammation and fat!

=========

Ok cool cheers. I'll dig around myself.

Does anyone here have any experience with Charles Polliquins 'Bio Signature'

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Education/Biosignature.aspx

http://cleanhealth.com.au/services/biosignature/

• HazakinsHazakins Graveyard shift putting me in the Grave!

I sill use whey isolate and Kerry Gold butter. Acne and mucus has gone down dramatically.

Sometimes I do Raw milk with Kefir grains, but not often.

Trying to get a grasp on Ketosis? Watch this!

• I'm currently cutting fat using the Carb Nite Solution for macro-timing, carb-refeeding every 5th day... and trying to keep to Bulletproof Diet food choices.  The two can work together fairly easily... CBL or CNS for macro-timing on the daily/weekly cycle, and BP for food choices.  Still only on my second cycle of CNS, so can't speak to the results... but CNS is basically a contest-prep diet, as I understand it.  Try just switching your carb re-feedings to every 5th or 4th day, so you maintain the hormonal benefits of CNS... I think any sooner than a feed on the 4th day, and you're basically just doing CBL while skipping a few refeeds, missing the leptin?-spike and thyroid-hormone re-sparking.

• Might want to follow the CNS recommendations for slightly lower fat ratio, though... as opposed to the BP recommendations for fat macros.

• kangaroo isn't seen as badass at all here, ha. it's sold in virtually every supermarket.

So what is it that makes you badass down under?

Haha we come from 2 totally different worlds  ;) in that case feel free to mail me some so i can entertain my friends for about 5 minutes.

=====

http://www.exoticmeatsandmore.com/kangaroo.aspx

We eat kangaroo, crocodile (on pizza is quite popular), emu, and camel too!

So what is it that makes you badass down under?

=====

When everyone's a badass, there are no badasses ;-)

• So what is it that makes you badass down under?

drop bears

• your bad ass level went up 10 points with the mention of the kangaroo meat

My roommate works for a butcher shop here in Canada that is run by an aussie. They always carry kangaroo (as well as crocodile!). Kangaroo burgers are pretty delicious.

Best of all, they carry grass fed beef; which I get at cost ;)