Any Women Have Successful Weightloss

Comments

• There is also a "zero scale" for those who know they'd like to lose weight but really cannot bear the thought of SEEING the number. (I have mixed feelings on this, but frankly it should be up to each individual whether or not to admit how far above ideal the person has gotten)

So, the 'zero scale' just lets you say, "hey, scale, this is my starting weight. Go." and from that point on you register 0.0 in weight until things change. You can see that you've lost 8.5 lbs or you've gained a pound. You never see the REAL number, just your progress.
  • edited August 2012
    Many doctors think that blood sugar below 120 is fine. I always have to ask patients what "normal" is. Often they do not know. BTW, they also consider problem + medication = no problem! So the conversation goes something like,

Px: "I'm taking a blood pressure med and a water pill."

Me: "I thought you said your blood pressure was normal."

Px: "It is."

I like the idea of the zero scale. What I really want is an ultrasound body fat% machine, but it's not in the budget yet.

One last question. I've heard from a few different sources that intermittent fasting for women is not so great a strategy. Have you tried fasting just once or twice a week instead of 18 hours a day? Thanks!
  • PaigePaige BPIF
    I have LOST 10 lbs. in 2 weeks using the BP Intermittent Fasting technique!

So far its working well for me, but I have another 50+ lbs to go, so I guess time will tell.

I have BP Butter Coffee w MCT upon waking, then eat my first meal around 2 or 3 pm and stop eating around 9 pm.
  • We decreased the amount of MCT for my wife and she lost 7lbs in the last 3 days alone. That was huge turn around for her.
  • PaigePaige BPIF
    'Speedy' wrote:

We decreased the amount of MCT for my wife and she lost 7lbs in the last 3 days alone. That was huge turn around for her.

Speedy, Could you share the specifics of the MCT amount - what amounts before vs what amt did you decrease to? How is your wife consuming the MCT? coffee? food? etc. Thanks!
  • PaigePaige BPIF

Hi,

I'm new here...have been posting on Kruse's Forum.

BP IF sounds interesting.

However scanning some of the forum posts it seems much more difficult for women to lose weight.

I'd love to hear about some positive female weight loss experiences.

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have LOST 10 lbs. in 2 weeks using the BP Intermittent Fasting technique![/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So far its working well for me, but I have another 50+ lbs to go, so I guess time will tell.[/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have BP Butter Coffee w MCT upon waking, then eat my first meal around 2 or 3 pm and stop eating around 9 pm.[/font]
  • 'Paige' wrote:

Speedy, Could you share the specifics of the MCT amount - what amounts before vs what amt did you decrease to? How is your wife consuming the MCT? coffee? food? etc. Thanks!
    We make bulletproof coffee every morning. We replaced the butter with ghee since she was breaking out and now it stopped. She was feeling bloated and we figured it was the MCT since we did research and your body has to build up to it. We were doing the recommended amount which is 3 tablespoons and now she is doing 1 teaspoon and we will build her back up to the recommended amount when her body can handle it. She has been doing it for 2 weeks and she didn't start loosing until we lower the amount of MCt oil which was 3 days ago.
  • @ Paige Woohoo!

@ Speedy What was the original amount and how much do you use now?
  • 'Mackay' wrote:

@ Paige Woohoo!

@ Speedy What was the original amount and how much do you use now?
    3 Tablespoons was the original amount.
  • I started about 10 days ago and I have lost 9 lbs. I don't have mct oil (should be here tomorrow) so I have been using kerrygold and co. I can't use a lot yet-I have no gallbladder. I use 1 tbl of butter and 2 tbl of co. I xfit and run regularly and I have a lot of muscle but I carry a lot of fat in my belly. I used to be overweight and this is the last place is leaves my body. I eat pretty clean but still make a protein shake in the afternoon.
  • I have to agree with what another poster said about exercising via a program called T-Tapp. It is intensive work for your muscles but is cardio without any jumping around or equipment. It is healing for people with knee, back, and shoulder issues as it is based on correct body alignment and other physical therapy principals. Many women say it has balanced their hormones and helped with an assortment of health issues. I have lost a number of inches in five weeks while gaining core strength. Combined with eating a clean diet you are sure to see your clothes become looser. Despite gaining muscle I am still dropping a pound or two a week and feeling better in general.
  • @Miss Understood -I ordered t-tapp! but I haven't tried it yet. My kids start school monday--I need a quiet house to start new things so I can think! I'm still losing on the bulletproof coffee. I have a half marathon next weekend so I am a little afraid of my endurance. I was fat adapted before I started BP but I ate a lot more protein and carbs. I think I will eat sweet potatoe hash for a couple of days before the race.
  • Has anyone done a refeed? I am pretty active. I tried a refeed yesterday (more carbs-I ate a lot of fruit, veggies, sweet potatoes, I had 2 protein bars) I am up 2 lbs today! What should a refeed look like--what do you expect after? I am starting my week today back to bp coffee until 2 and then a nice protein and veggie afternoon.
  • Re-feeds should include >200 g. of carbs. And yes, you will gain 1-5 lbs doing it. Don't worry though, it's almost entirely water weight and will fall off pretty quickly the next day or so. You should be sticking to BP even on your re-feed days though. So eat the right kinds of fruit, potatoes, etc. I'm not sure that protein bars are the way to go either. Often they are chocked full of sugars and grains which are big no-no's on BP. Instead, focus on sweet potatoes, veggies, white rice. You can also drop the protein to get he added benefit of autophagy.
  • Wow >200 carbs is a lot. I had no idea. BP actually took away my binge impulse which I could not shake even after going paleo. And then on Sunday when I hit the fruit I went straight for those stupid protein bars. I know they are not good--I went back to the fast on Monday really well but had a lunch date and ate earlier than I would have. I am still up a pound but the refeed was Sunday. So, hopefully I did not mess myself up. I think my belly looks a little weepier-like it is losing fat!