What Size Ice Cream Maker Should I Get?

I've got my eye on a 1.5 gal, and a 2 gal....

If I'm following Dave's recipe, what would be better?

Comments

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Might as well get the larger unit.  If its larger than the base recipe (I wouldn't know yet but I plan to make it sometime eventually) you should be fine and youll have room to make a larger batch next time around :D

• Daves recipe makes around a pint of ice cream

• By the way, I bought this Ice Cream Maker on behalf of M. Thomas's recommendation.  The low price drew me to it.  I have only made it once but it turned out great.  If you do decide to go with it, make sure you read the instructions and follow them exactly.  If you veer off from them, only do so by adding more salt to the ice/salt mixture.  Another interesting note, I didn't feel like crushing my cubed ice, so I just used snow!  It worked perfectly.

Follow Get some icecream recipe or follow the directions that come with the icecream maker?

• By the way, I bought this Ice Cream Maker on behalf of M. Thomas's recommendation.  The low price drew me to it.  I have only made it once but it turned out great.  If you do decide to go with it, make sure you read the instructions and follow them exactly.  If you veer off from them, only do so by adding more salt to the ice/salt mixture.  Another interesting note, I didn't feel like crushing my cubed ice, so I just used snow!  It worked perfectly.

Snow? That's so great, nice creative thinking there : )

I actually just ordered one a few hours before you wrote...  a 1.5gal sized one from Cuisinart. It's expensive, but I bought used ("like new" condition) for $35 including shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KYSLMW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can hardly wait to try it!

• Can I get a link to the recipe please ?

Can i make this in a Vitamix ? Im looking for another reason to dropping a lot of money on one !

• Follow Get some icecream recipe or follow the directions that come with the icecream maker?

I meant the ice cream maker.  Dave's recipe just tells you how to make the mixture, then he says to put it in the ice cream maker.

• Can I get a link to the recipe please ?

Can i make this in a Vitamix ? Im looking for another reason to dropping a lot of money on one !

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/get-some-ice-cream/

I have no idea if the vitamix will actually make the ice cream, but it will blend the mixture for you.

No, a blender cannot be used as an ice cream maker.

• No, a blender cannot be used as an ice cream maker.

Blender, no... but you can get an attachment for your Kitchen Aid stand mixer that makes ice cream:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=13369224&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CK7fp6nB7bUCFY9AMgodQz4ALg

• InfinusssInfinusss Relax
    edited August 2013

No, a blender cannot be used as an ice cream maker.

Blender ice cream.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)