Grass-Fed Cream Be Better In Our Coffee?

Will grass-fed cream be better in our coffee as an alternative to the partly grain fed butters such as KerryGold, Yeo, Rachaels etc...Cream has the same properties as butter, but butter is like concentrated cream. Can we just churn our own cream to make grass fed butter or should we just use the grass fed cream as is?

Just how wrong is this?

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

If you look online, you'll find easy ways to make butter at home out of cream. It can be as simple as putting it in a large glass jar and gently rocking it while you read or watch TV. That butter would be awesome!

• The cream would work better for Iced coffee. I suggest using the cream when making cold coffee and to use butter when making hot coffee. This would still work for bulletproof intermittent fasting as heavy cream is still all fat with no carbs.
  • Check out the Bulletproof Exec podcast with John Kiefer from Dangerously Hardcore, he is a big proponent of using heavy whipping cream in coffee. I know Dave disagrees with a lot of what he does however and I think they had a bit of a debate about it.

• Making butter removes the casein, grass fed cream will fall under the same feeding as that of butter ie some grain depending on time of year, location and they usually feed some grain at milking to get them "in the mood". If you happen to find a producer that absolutely never allows contact with grain then the need to be told to sell butter, at gunpoint if necessary.

Hi Jason,

If we churn our own cream to butter and it removes the casein, does that mean then that these are still there in the bought butters? And if they are seperated in the home made butter can`t we just use the casein collected as another form of slow release amino acids for bulking us up in our workouts if we want to get bigger anyway?

Lastly, does the feeding of cows in winter with hay constitute as grass fed so long as no other silage or grain is used?

• Check out the Bulletproof Exec podcast with John Kiefer from Dangerously Hardcore, he is a big proponent of using heavy whipping cream in coffee. I know Dave disagrees with a lot of what he does however and I think they had a bit of a debate about it.

Think Frappe coffee with grass fed cream might be worth a shot now and then.