Ran Out Of Bp Beans...plz Recommend Temp Alternative !

i've run out of my Upgraded Coffee beans and just reordered today so i'm in need of an alternative for a few days.

can anyone recommend a proven high-quality minimal-toxin alternative that would be available at my local Whole Foods or Trader Joes ? 

i'm not concerned about price or even taste , mainly just quality/'cleanness' of the beans.     thanx for any advice !  

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

Don't have BPC for a few days, have a BP style breakfast! 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Just follow the protocol listed for finding the best possible source...it's been listed on this forum and by dave ...

• Depends on your location as well

• you kinda have to dig to find Dave's recommendations on this count. We're using his beans but I can see not re-ordering in time or heaven forbid they're backordered and having to find a substitute. Here's a page where he makes some recommendations:

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/what-dr-mercola-didnt-say-about-coffee-brains-and-muscle-video/

Here’s the Bulletproof Executive way.

• Avoid almost all decaf. Caffeine protects the beans from more mold and most decaffeination either introduces new organic toxins or contributes to mold.
    • Never choose robusta (cheap, instant) beans. These are moldier, which is why they are higher in caffeine too (as a defense against mold on the bush). Drink arabica.
    • Insist on Bulletproof Process coffee that is tested to be free of histamines and mold toxins likeUpgraded Coffee. The next best, but still sometimes mold-contaminated, is wet process beans. Many higher end African coffees use natural process, which means they dry the beans in the sun, giving them time to mold. Wet process coffee uses far less time and rinses the beans, making for lower-toxin coffee.
    • Aim for Central American varieties grown at higher elevations where mold is scarce. (Bonus points if they’re blessed by shamans, one-armed monks, or picked by orphans…)
    • Single estate is better than major brands. If it is sold by a national coffee house, its mixed with countless other sources, and you can guarantee that some toxic mold made it into the coffee.
    • If you can’t find good beans, order an Americano because steam helps to break down the toxins.
    •  
  • Thanx for the replies !   Went to WF this morn(not enough time to also visit TJ ) and found one called "Intelligentsia Organic Los Delirios Nicaragua" (bright red bag).   Los Delirios is the farm name. Grown at 1250-1450m in NW Nicaraguan mountains in the Esteli region .   $16.50 for 12oz.    Impressive website !  However I didn't really see any info about testing for histamine/mold etc etc .   I will visit TJ tonite to see what they have to offer.  

• southerngentsoutherngent Body by Butter

I'll save you a trip. Don't go to Trader Joe's for coffee. They have a handful of repackaged beans but nothing even close to what you've already found. Intelligentsia is a top notch roaster and I'd trust any single-origin they put out compared to anything you can find at Trader Joe's.

• I'll save you a trip. Don't go to Trader Joe's for coffee. They have a handful of repackaged beans but nothing even close to what you've already found. Intelligentsia is a top notch roaster and I'd trust any single-origin they put out compared to anything you can find at Trader Joe's.

Great...thanx !

• Another option while you wait:  Take a day or two off coffee and make tea instead.  

• What a convoluted set of instructions.  Can someone name a quality bag they've found at a national store anywhere?  There has to be one, right?  I notice absolutely no difference between the BP coffee and store bought to be honest, but i'll err on the side of caution if someone can name the best one to grab at a whole foods or similar..

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

True, but most BP processes are convoluted. That's why nobody does them and are generally unhealthy.