Basal Thermometers

Hey all, 

So i'm looking to get off the pill and am doing my research into the Fertility Awareness Method and will be getting fit for a Diaphragm soon as well for risky days.

I'm looking into getting a thermometer to read my temperatures but I find myself lost.

Which one is the best and most reliable for a good price.

I see some are ten dollars and others are 60.

And I read that you need to take your temp for five minutes but it seems the ten dollar ones do not.

What thermometers do you ladies use or suggest to get the best reading for tracking the temp.

Thanks!

- Katie

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

Is the Diaphragm any safer? 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Actually the Fertility Awareness Method is more effective than the diaphragm - but because I will be coming off of birth control in the next few weeks when I get my diaphragm I won't be able to chart everything effectively for FAM for a few months until the extra hormones get out and I start to cycle regularly.

So a diaphragm and the pull out method will be my go to while I'm learning my cycle and tracking everything. 

• I just went to target and bought a $10 Nexcare basal thermometer. I've been doing FAM for about 5 months and it has worked great. I haven't tested its accuracy, but I've been able to accurately chart my thermal shift (as it relates to the onset and end of ewcm) with that $10 one. The only thing I would do different if I bought a new one is get one that has a backlight, as I currently have to hold my phone up to the thermometer to read the temp in my bedroom so I don't wake my boyfriend.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. --Arthur Schopenhauer

• Thanks so much for the help and tip about the backlight!!