Bp Acne?

I'm just breaking in to BP, just starting my first full week of fully BP. I've noticed a bit of acne. Could this be related to the higer fats? Anyone else experience this? Thanks all! Great community here.

Comments

• I am just guessing: It could be a detox symptom because you eliminated toxins from your diet.

It could also be that it is a bit hard for your body to adjust to the high amount of fat.

I know that some people get pimples when they eat dairy. Maybe shifting from butter to ghee would help?

Good luck to you! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • THank you Miamaya, I suspect that it is detox too. I wasn't sure if anyone else had experienced it. No issed with dairy here, though with higher levels I suspect anything is possible.
  • My wife was breaking out as well so, we replaced the butter with ghee and it stopped.
  • I had HORRIBLE acne-like breakouts for a week straight after starting IF with BP coffee. It wasnt acne even though it looked just like it. It was rosacea. I have a long winded post about it in Detoxing. It was so bad I cant even begin to describe it.

The closest thing I found to being the likely culprit was that your body can do some wacky things if youre taking in fat that it cant digest. Rosacea outbreaks can be caused by just that.

I would ride it out for a week, start supplementing with ezymes whenever eating a high fat meal, and if its getting too bad to bear, start applying calamine and hydrocortizone cream in a 50-50 solution to the breakouts and sit in the sun for 30 minutes a day in bare feet.
  • In my teens I stopped using butter (as spread) because I noticed more acne. Despite what doctors say, I believe diet has an effect on acne.

Now if I eat too much saturated fats from diary I notice more sebum, so I have to restrict.

Maybe Speedy got it right.
  • 'Speedy' wrote:

My wife was breaking out as well so, we replaced the butter with ghee and it stopped.

+1

http://thepaleodiet.com/dietary-cure-for-acne-book/
  • 'Speedy' wrote:

My wife was breaking out as well so, we replaced the butter with ghee and it stopped.

+2