Noticed Less Pain After Mct

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or has an explination of why it is happening.

I have for as long as I remember, had a fair bit of muscle pain when I climb a flight of stairs, it is a real fatigue type pain.

When I have my BP (30ml MCT 50g butter in a large travel mug of coffee) I don't get the pain at all. I have checked it several times, if I DON"T have BP, the next day the pain is back, but the morning I have BP it's gone!

Can anyone suggest what is actually happening, I realise that I must be deficient but would love to know if anyone else has noticed it!

You can run but I can chuck my axe pretty far! :twisted:

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather
    edited September 2013

It's the anti-inflammatory properties of the BPC! 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• My Dad is also now Pain Free….  First, the background.

About a year ago, my Dad stepped into a hole and twisted his back.  This only started his back pain.  It got worse.  He was having sciatic nerve pain running down his leg on one side that was constant and got worse when he walked and had back pain across his lower back.  After MRI’s and many more tests, the VA said he needs to have an epidural steroid injection.  He had inflammation hear his spine.  He was sent to a Dr. to have this done and the Dr. refused and said, the condition he has would get worse or the injection would make the pain worse, so he didn’t do it.  The Dr. also didn’t know why he was sent to have this done due to his condition.  He explained to my Dad what his condition was.  I copied this info from a web page:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lipomas

•             General Information

o             A spinal cord lipoma is fat within the normally positioned spinal cord without any skin or bony abnormalities.

o             Most commonly these rare lesions are located within the thoracic spinal cord.

o             They may be symptomatic and appear most often in adults.

•             Symptoms

o             Spinal cord compression can cause numbness and tingling, weakness, difficulty with urinating or bowel movements, incontinence, and stiffness of the extremities.

•             Treatment

o             A laminectomy is performed to gain access to the spinal cord. The goal of surgery is to reduce the size of the lipoma, not total removal of the fat. No other treatment method is recommended.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unrelated to his back pain, my Dad saw a YouTube video about a woman, Dr. Newport, who was giving her husband Coconut Oil for Alzheimer’s.  My Dad is 76 and had concerns about memory loss or other cognitive diminishing issues that may occur due to age.  He then saw a link to another video after watching Dr. Newport’s, about Bulletproof Coffee using Coconut Oil.  He drinks coffee every day, so this was a no brainer.  He started drinking Bulletproof type coffee.  Basically, all he did is use regular “Folgers” Coffee (I know, yuck), but then adding 1 tbs Grass Fed Butter and 1 tbs Coconut Oil and blending it (x2 cups).  After two days, his sciatic pain was almost gone.  In two weeks, his lower back pain was completely GONE.  He had given up exercising due to the pain and can now walk and be active again.  Prior to his pain, he was exercising almost 30 mins a day on a treadmill, walking or riding a stationary bike.

I believe this is not only due to BP Coffee, but the work Dave Asprey has done in making the positive effects of Coconut Oil, MCT Oil and GF Butter better and more widely known.  The idea that ingesting FAT (the right kind) to lose weight, I believe, is what reduced the fatty build up my dad had around his spine, therefor eliminating his back pain due to the pressure it was causing.  He is not losing any weight, but not gaining any and is extremely happy about the results. No more pain meds anymore either.

This is how my wife and I found out about Bulletproofexec.com.  Now, we are hooked on making BP Coffee.

Thank you Dave Asprey for giving my Dad his life back.

• rlt7500 that's awesome news thanks for sharing. Do you know which video in specific it was that he watched? I would like to show it to my father too, I searched on Youtube and see that there are several different ones up with by Dr. Newport talking about CO and Alzheimer's. I know Dave had her on his podcast as well which was awesome, but my father doesn't like the idea of listening to podcasts because he is very visual.  

• rlt7500 that's awesome news thanks for sharing. Do you know which video in specific it was that he watched? I would like to show it to my father too, I searched on Youtube and see that there are several different ones up with by Dr. Newport talking about CO and Alzheimer's. I know Dave had her on his podcast as well which was awesome, but my father doesn't like the idea of listening to podcasts because he is very visual.  

My dad is the same way, very visual.  The link to the video he sent me back in June of this year is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOR-Qd3QSg#t=16