Chocolate Fasting.

Can anyone quickly tell me the watered down version of why eating chocolate still keeps you in a fasting state? Please and thank you. 

MrHerget.com

Instagram: @MrHerget

Twitter: @MrHerget

Email: [email protected]

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather
    edited September 2013

If it's 99% cacao I assume it would because there's barely any sugar in it. 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Since it's mostly fat calories it usually won't.  But if you eat too much too fast the carbs will cause your blood sugar to spike, your insulin will raise, and your body will start burning sugar for energy knocking you out of ketosis.

• knocking you out of ketosis...

Ketosis and fasting are not synonymous even though they tend to accompany each other.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

StavingMarvin.jpg

MrHerget, where did you get that info from. I only eat 85% or above dark chocolate and I wouldn't touch either that or 90% while in ketosis. 

Chocolate is a too general term for here!

Think you need to do a lot more research! Are you taking about doing this http://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-fasting/

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• The reason why I ask.... My friend who originally showed me the BP diet many many months ago first told me that he eats Lindt 90% sometimes when he's hungry on a fast. Also, many times that I've read about 90% Lint it has seemed like they were referring to eating it while in a FASTED state. As in, NOT in their eating window. With that information, I have assumed (One of my biggest rules is not to assume things. Rule broken.) that I can break off a square or two of Lindt 90% and drop it in my blender for my morning BP tea or coffee and remain in a fasting state for the next few hours until I start eating. Is this wrong? Should I not be eating this chocolate if I'm attempting to stay in a fasting state?

MrHerget.com

• i would think even a few grams of sugar would be something you'd want to avoid. whats wrong with just a regular BPC? safe the chocolate for later if you are IFing.

• Nothing's wrong with it; I just always preferred my drink nice and chocolate-y after I thought I had the green light to do so. haha I'll stop now though. 

MrHerget.com