Protien Powders, Most Bang For Your Buck

What protien powder brands do yall use?

Whats a good one that yall reccomend that you get the most for your money.

I was looking at the whey protien isolate by Bluebonnet at Whole Foods this morning and was considering checking it out.

Comments

• edited September 2016

iu

• Health Force nutritionals has some top shelf products.  I got the vanilla protein powder, the vitamineral green, and the vitamineral earth.  All great tasting products.  Next I am going to try one world whey.

• why dont u want brown rice protein?

• hmm, interesting, maybe I'll cut the protein out and see what happens.

• I bought a store brand protein powder that was cold processed and micro-filtered for a good price, I thought it was a deal. But then I realized it had carageenan in it that has been linked to IBD. After I started taking it I started getting a really upset stomach. Has anyone else tried a protein powder with carageenan? It is really common.

• Don't know about price worthiness and so on but I've been going for Vital Whey from Well Wisdom for the last months. I wonder what people here think of this - seems relatively BP right?

• anybody know of a good cold pressed whey protein that you can get in Australia? that isn't full of isolates etc? similar to the Mercola protein? or one world whey? the only ones that I know of that are popular seem to come from brown rice

• anybody know of a good cold pressed whey protein that you can get in Australia? that isn't full of isolates etc? similar to the Mercola protein? or one world whey? the only ones that I know of that are popular seem to come from brown rice

Pure nutrition sell a grass fed whey(WPC) from Australian cows.

I just ordered Native whey from sports supplements direct, Native whey is a WPI from gras fed cows in France, it's also derived from milk not cheese like all other Whey's.

Well wisdom Vital Whey is from the same French company , Prolacta , that make native whey, Vital whey is the WPC version.

• Don't know about price worthiness and so on but I've been going for Vital Whey from Well Wisdom for the last months. I wonder what people here think of this - seems relatively BP right?

i just settled on this brand after searching around and spending way too much time trying to find the cheapest whey that is still bulletproof. there were a couple cheaper options out there but they all seem to be out of stock...whey seems to be in high demand! i'm lookin forward to giving this stuff a try. 

• I use ProteinCo.ca's hydrolyzed beef and their NZ whey isolate, TrueNutrition.com's hydrolyzed wheys for post-workout and their grass-fed whey sometimes for IGG and other such benefits, or the ProteinFactory.com's Native Whey for similar grass-fed whey.  I'm trying out ProteinFactory's grass-fed milk protein powder to see how I do with some casein.

Generally, look for grass-fed cold-processed stuff as a good starting-point, imho.

• edited September 2016

deleted post

• edited September 2016

deleted post

• http://www.mirrabookaprotein.com/, ok I only found this whey protein today. As far as I know it looks affordable and totally Bulletproof. That is a cold pressed, pasture fed Whey protein concentrate. I'm not sure if it is denatured or not, and I'm not totally certain what denatured means? But it looks GOOD.

Maybe there are a lot of vegans where I live, but everywhere I see most people are aggressively buying either Sunwarrior or Ezy Protein, which both come from brown rice. This whey protein looks excellent I think I am going to buy this one next time.

I bought a tub of Mirrabooka Whey not so long ago, the taste was more acidly than other grass fed Whey's I've consumed which makes me question it's quality , the milk like taste the less processed opposed to acidly taste is usually a sign of heavily processed.

The Company has poor website that doesn't reply to emails or have a contact phone number, won't be ordering it again.

Eagle nutrition sell a grass fed Aussie WPC that is pure whey only, not even any soy lecithin added.

I'm currently using Native WPI from sports supplements direct, it's a French product derived from milk not sweet whey from cheese.

So far so good!
  • edited September 2016

for australians interested in a decent protein.. from trawling through these forums this is the best i've found... and look quite good, if proserum is not available, (and also, it may not matter so much?)

https://www.trueprotein.com.au/protein-powders/whey-protein-concentrate-nz

http://eaglenutrition.com.au/shop/en-whey-protein-concentrate/

• edited September 2016

deleted post

• edited September 2016

deleted post

professional whey's nz wpc is good

• edited September 2016

deleted post

• edited September 2016

deleted post

• What is in Whey that you can't get from eating GF beef? I bought Upgraded Whey 2.0, and there's only 8 grams of protein in a serving.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• Obviously bulletproof Upgraded Whey is Bulletproof. But here is another option for you to check out if you are interested. http://www.wheynaturalusa.com/index.html
  • Eagle Nutrition is put out by Designer Physique and has really great products.  I know the guy who owns it and he bases his products on not containing additives and being as pure as he can find. I believe the whey is from Australian and New Zealand pasture fed cows. I actually was involved in helping Tony develop some of his original products back 12 years ago.  I use his whey protein isolate as I don't seem to digest WPC - wish I could.  I am new to Bulletproof and absolutely love how informative the users of this site are - Thank You! :) 

• edited September 2016

deleted post

• Warrior Whey

Never Stop Moving: Progress in some aspect of your life everyday, move forward in it, whether it be your job, school, body, mind, or relationships. Constantly better yourself!

• I contacted eagle nutrition and this is how they replied

Our Eagle Nutrition WPC is a spray dried, soluble milk protein manufactured from fresh cheese whey using an ultrafiltration process. Low temperature processing ensures retention of both nutritional and functional properties.

This product is 100% WPC with no added fillers. Our Eagle Nutrition products are only available unflavoured and in limited sizes which allows us to keep product development and manufacturing costs to a minimum, which translates to a cheaper product for the consumer.

I've included links to several articles on the effects of heating on whey protein for your reference.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further information.
  • I contacted eagle nutrition and this is how they replied

Our Eagle Nutrition WPC is a spray dried, soluble milk protein manufactured from fresh cheese whey using an ultrafiltration process. Low temperature processing ensures retention of both nutritional and functional properties.

This product is 100% WPC with no added fillers. Our Eagle Nutrition products are only available unflavoured and in limited sizes which allows us to keep product development and manufacturing costs to a minimum, which translates to a cheaper product for the consumer.

I've included links to several articles on the effects of heating on whey protein for your reference.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1765592

http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/journals/0022-0302/PIIS0022030290790637.pdf

There also a less technical article here:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/528865-can-i-heat-whey-protein/

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further information.

Check out sport supplements direct Native Whey, it's a French WPI derived from milk not cheese which is less processing.
  • edited September 2016

deleted post

• Everyone needs to listen to the latest podcast 

Grass fed is the new organic. It doesn't mean sh*t anymore. You can have confined cows on hay and that is considered grass fed so buyer beware.