Bulletproof Hot Chocolate

I find that for me, I get a nice mental kick from the fats in Bulletproof Coffee, even more so than the caffeine.

But when I find myself late in the day, and not wanting to make it difficult to get to sleep, I need a different carrier than simple

Bulletproof Coffee (even Decaf).

So... I've experimented with Bulletproof Hot Chocolate with some success.  It occurred to me that as I don't find an easily findable recipe for it searching the forums, it might be helpful to provide it, not only for late in the day drinking, but also for folks who for whatever reason don't drink coffee.

Bulletproof Hot Chocolate:

2 cups water (I heat mine to 195F)

4 tsp Bulletproof Chocolate Powder

1/4 of a block of Kerrygold unsalted butter

2 tbsp MCT or Brain Octane (or whatever your normal amount is... I use 5 tbsp... but its not nice to post recipes that lead directly to disaster pants)

1 tsp Bulletproof Vanilla Powder

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Put into a high speed blender (like a Vitamix) and blend.

Comments

• So basically bulletproof coffee without the coffee!

I add cocoa powder, cocoa butter and cocoa nibs to my Bulletproof coffee every day anyway! Plus cinnamon and vanilla powder sprinkled on top!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• katolotus: You are correct... Bulletproof Coffee without coffee and with much more chocolate (about four times as much as I normally use in BPC).  You and I are in the same boat... I add cinnamon, vanilla powder, and chocolate powder to my coffee normally as well :)

• FYI... even yummier when you add two egg yokes :)

• Coconut milk in place of the water would be another option for those here who are big fans of it.
  • Got an order of cocoa butter and chocolate powder comin from bulletproof next week..

can I put it in my morning bpc without losing any of the many positive effects??
  • The cocoa butter - Yes! Use all you want it is just fat. The chocolate powder is a different story though, it contains carbs and even some protein too. If you want the full autophagy and fasting benefits you would be better off avoiding it with your morning coffee. If you want make another in the early afternoon and add it in then.
  • Of course it is up to you too. Do what you want, you do not have to necessarily use Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting every day.