Bulletproof Drink For The Evening?

I have loved starting my day with BP coffee, but these colder days are having me long for a warm drink to put myself to bed. On top of that, what better way to sleep restfully than with some extra fat coursing thru my body!

The obvious dilemma is that coffee is right out due to caffeine. I've been using Dagobah's drinking chocolate (the one with the red pepper), and tho I know it's not BP, it's damn tasty. Also, I can easily ingest a TBSP of MCT oil with that, whereas I'm still having trouble with 1 tsp some days in my coffee.

Does anyone else have any evening drinks they would care to share?

Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Chamomile tea is good for helping sleep, you could try that. I don't think MCT would be ideal since it gives you that burst of energy.

Maybe you could do chamomile tea with some raw honey and butter? What would that taste like? :-D

• question could you take mct. in capsule form instead of liquid ?.. if your not really enjoying the coffee thing but prefer to get the same benefits.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

upgraded decaf?

or make your whole hot chocolate with cocoa powder and some coconut milk like a coffee and add butter and blend.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• RodRod The Rodfather

upgraded decaf?

or make your whole hot chocolate with cocoa powder and some coconut milk like a coffee and add butter and blend.

decaf still have some caffeine in it so it's good for mid day but not evening. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Try any non caffeinated tea with mct oil coconut oil and a bit of honey. The honey and coconut oil make a delicious combination and Dave says that the mct oil will stop the honey from taking you out of ketosis. Also honey will help you sleep.
  • HazakinsHazakins Graveyard shift putting me in the Grave!

I haven't tried it but curious of the effects of the Brain Oil on sleep as its not suppose to give the metabolism boost. 

Trying to get a grasp on Ketosis? Watch this!

• Decaf Tea with Natural Calm Magnesium Powder

• Decaf at night isn't problematic for everyone, maybe Schurger will be lucky?

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

have't tried it yet but there is a chamomile tea recipe on the forum that might suit you. it's a combo of a bunch of things all ready suggested. Chamomile tea, a few tbsp butter and a few tsp natural calm with what ever bp spices you want. cinnamon and ginger? ginger and a tiny bit of honey? etc

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• Decaf at night isn't problematic for everyone, maybe Schurger will be lucky?

Any caffeine is likely a probelm, even decaf.  Wrong flavor for my sensibilities in the evening too.  

Still not sure on chamomile.  

I bought some chamomile yesterday.

I had the tea on its own last night. It tastes and smells like hay. So at least I'm grass-fed ;-) Didn't notice any effects on my sleep though.

Tonight I'm having chamomile with a tablespoon of raw honey stirred in. It tastes delicious! Its something I'd have every night just as a nice drink. I'll see if there are any effects on my sleep tomorrow.

Tomorrow night, I'll be trying chamomile, raw honey and 2 tablespoons of butter blended in. Partly to blunt the sugar in the honey and partly for taste and partly to get some butter in. More butter!

• Grass-fed bone broth

How do you make that?
    I'm having chamomile, butter and raw honey right now. Wow! It just keeps getting better! The butter gives a creaminess to the honey's sweetness. Goes well together.

Tomorrow night I'll try adding a bit of vanilla to see how it goes.
  • RodRod The Rodfather
    edited October 2013

How do you make that?

The problem with Bone Broth is the oxidized oils , gotta make sure to get as much of it as you can out!!!

How to make bone broth? 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+bone+broth

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

I'm having chamomile, butter and raw honey right now. Wow! It just keeps getting better! The butter gives a creaminess to the honey's sweetness. Goes well together.

Tomorrow night I'll try adding a bit of vanilla to see how it goes.

I just started that lately too! but just the tea and 1tsp of honey. It definitely helps me relax and get to sleep easier, not sure on the effect it has on quality of sleep yet though as it's too soon to say. It may also be nudging my digestion along as I seem to be frequently having big clean outs in the morning, have to keep an eye on that.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

Raw honey in a hot liquid....silly goose.

=====

That's a no no? Its no hotter than a BPC

• RodRod The Rodfather

Raw Honey should never be exposed to heat!  Luke warm, ok but nothing more!

Hmm interesting! I've never heard this before. I can understand that heating it will pasteurise it and looking now may start the caramelisation process at 70 degrees C. So if I let the tea cool to <70 degrees it might be OK? Got any links?

• ah, i hadn't thought of that. so like, putting raw honey in sweet potato brownies wouldn't really make sense then. i knew there was a good reason i was substituting with stevia!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file