Hacking Chicken Pox

StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

My little one has just come down with chicken pox! Seems like a good thing to hack.

The first part of the hack is getting it in the first place - from what I've read, its a good thing to get when young so you get it out of the way. Not a nice thing to get for the first time as an adult. People even have chicken pox parties where they bring their kids along so they all get it, just to get it out of the way.

Second is the immune system. My daughter is 19 months and eats mostly bulletproof foods. Is there anything special to start feeding her to boost her immune system?

Third is skin recovery from the spots. I've read they can scar badly if they're scratched too much. We've covered them up so there's not as much scratching, and I've started stirring in a small amount of Upgraded Collagen powder into her food for the skin rebuilding qualities.

Anything else that would be beneficial?

Tagged:

Comments

• I may be a little late, but I recently read Dr. Thomas Levy's book on vitamin c, and he talks about how shingles are curable and preventable with optidoses of vitamin c. Given that shingles is some kind of later onset of the same virus, I would assume vitamin would be valuable in your case as well. While he uses IV C, liposomal might be beneficial so as not to reach bowel tolerance with oral vitamin c, and I've read online that he promotes liposomal c as a viable alternative, although I haven't actually seen it in one of his writings or lectures.

If you follow Mike Korek on youtube, he posts all the videos from the SVHI of which Dave is president. Dr. Levy gave a talk on vitamin C there recently. Good Luck!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. --Arthur Schopenhauer

• I heard liposomal vit c is overpriced and not more effective than ascorbic acid.

And would really giving sombody a virus intentionally really be a good idea? Yeah I know its dangerous to get when older.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Its definitely controversial, especially because there are other things they might have that could potentially be fatal. What if it wasn't chicken pox?

• i intentionally exposed my kids to chicken pox.  so many kids are vaccinated, it's hard to make sure your kids get it while they're still kids.  chicken pox and shingles are both caused by the herpes varicella-zoster virus.  high-dose vitamon c and b-12.  homeopathic rhus tox might be worth a try

• edited October 2013

My sister (at age 8) got chicken pox when my brother and I were aged 12 and 13, my parents refused to lock her in her bedroom and push food under the door as per our suggestion and allowed her to share towels and cutlery! Of course be both got it and presented symptoms about a week later (72 hours without sleep due to itchiness, I can confirm that BBC Radio 1 just repeats the same news over and over and over again every half hour between about 11pm and 6am). I guess that was a sensible action on the part of my parents but it was presented as 'don't be cruel to Katie' rather than we are saving you from an even greater future distress....

I got shingles in my mid-thirties, presented as a band of raised spots and rashes around the mid- thorax, and raised a helpful flag about some low-immune system problems I was going through.

Bit late but I would recommend petroleum jelly under plasters or gauze on scabs to stop itchiness and later scarring.

• I heard liposomal vit c is overpriced and not more effective than ascorbic acid.

And would really giving sombody a virus intentionally really be a good idea? Yeah I know its dangerous to get when older.

I know, Dave said that on his last Q&A podcast.

I used to take the Soloray c that he recommends, and I still do, but I bought my liposomal after reading Dr. Levy's book, researching online and before he released that podcast, and I'm so glad I did because I can definitely tell a difference. I'm wondering how deep his research goes into vitamin c forms, because I've read that bioavailability of oral ascorbic acid is only around 20% where liposomal is much, much better. In the podcast, Dave didn't make it sound like he'd actually tried liposomal c, just that it seemed like a waste of liposomes to him.

Personally, I can tell about a week before I'm going to come down with a cold because when I blow my nose there's blood on the tissue. Dr. Levy's book talks about how much faster the body metabolizes vitamin c when it's trying to fight off an infection or virus, and that some symptoms of illnesses are actually just symptoms of acute scurvy (bloody nose). Anyway, I load up on liposomal c, and it's gone the next day. I'm hooked.

I also think it's a better alternative for kids than most oral c's on the market. I buy the Nutrient Tree brand from amazon and add a teaspoon to my nieces water when she comes over. She loves the taste and it doesn't have any of the negative digestive effects of regular ascorbic acid.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. --Arthur Schopenhauer

• Sorry if I'm late to the show, but I've heard great things about BHT, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, and it's effects on Chicken Pox, Shingles, and other Herpes strains too.

https://www.google.com/#q=Butylated+hydroxytoluene+chicken+pox