Apprehensive About Butter In Coffee

I've just joined after watching the youtube clip.  I already do intermittent fasting and was looking for something to give me some energy in the mornings.

From the outset it seems counter intuitive to what I've perceived from daily life about health.  My first thoughts were sticking a big lump of butter in coffee is going to put me on a one way trip to hospital.  Also I may have a genetic predisposition to heart issues as my father had a triple bypass.

Can someone set my mind at rest in layman's terms that this isn't dangerous for the heart?

Comments

•  

Can someone set my mind at rest in layman's terms that this isn't dangerous for the heart?

Somebody other than Dave Asprey or the multitude of people who have shown their labs on these forums?

• Thanks

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    Have you ever eaten a bag of chips? Drank a bottle of coke? Been completely drunk?

Those things WILL kill you if you do them every day. But once is not going to cause any harm. My point? Even if butter will kill you, doing Bulletproof coffee once isn't going to cause any harm.

On the up side, butter WON'T kill you, so you're golden!
  • A diet high in healthy fats, especially healthy saturated fats like those in butter from grass fed cows is wonderful for raising HDL levels. Raising HDL levels lowers your heart disease risks. Enjoy your butter!
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013

Have you ever eaten a bag of chips? Drank a bottle of coke? Been completely drunk?

Those things WILL kill you if you do them every day. But once is not going to cause any harm. My point? Even if butter will kill you, doing Bulletproof coffee once isn't going to cause any harm.

On the up side, butter WON'T kill you, so you're golden!

this is an excellent point, people never think twice before eating some culturally accepted crap but whenever it comes to something healthy which is not as socially accepted or widespread...

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Although doing BP coffee once isn't doing any harm, it may get someone addicted... :wink:

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.