Upgraded Mct Oil - Prepurchase Questions

Hey BP'ers,

I am thinking of buying the Upgraded-MCT oil, but since it's over $40 with shipping I have some questions.

1 - Has this helped anyone with brain fog?

2 - What other improvements have you noticed and is it worth the cost?

3 - is there a return policy or guarantee if this doesn’t work.

4 - is there a lower cost alternative that is comparable that I can to test how I interact with MCT oil?

Thanks for the help!

CR

Tagged:

Comments

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭
    edited October 2013

Hey there!

I just started taking the Upgraded MCT oil myself, so I am not a good judge personally. As for the alternative, you could try using extra-virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil to start off. It has a lot of regular MCTs in it already, so it is a good ramp up. Try this for around 2-3 week to get your body used to metabolizing the higher fat intake.

To note, coconut oil does change the taste slightly, while MCT does not.

Not sure on the return policy. I'm not much for returning stuff.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• I think it says so on the bottle, but the idea is that MCT is the best part of Coconut Oil... it's the Medium Chain Triglyceride part. To get the same amount of MCT from Coconut Oil you need to intake... oh.... I don't know... orders of magnitude more Coconut Oil. 

So you need to do that math and see if the cost of MCT is really that much more than the cost of Coconut Oil. Not to mention, it would probably taste gross to put 8 TBPS or whatever into your cup of coffee! : ) 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I used to get a big crash in the early afternoon at work (office job) but now I sail through with the same amount of energy as the morning. Its fantastic!

It wasn't all MCT though; removing a carby breakfast and lunch definitely helped. Just give it a try, its only $40.

• edited October 2013

I first tried one bottle of Upgraded MCT Oil, then ordered more.

If you order 3 or more, the price drops from $29.95 to $25.95 per bottle.  http://www.bulletproof.com/xct-oil-16-oz

Dave Asprey is a self-described "canary" (sensitive to toxins), and uses his own low-toxin products for himself and his family. 

So I prefer to use Upgraded MCT Oil instead of other brands. 

My brain fog has improved over time, and my belt size has slowly decreased.

Dr. Mary Newport cured her husband’s Alzheimer’s disease with MCT Oil and coconut oil: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/podcast-13-how-to-take-care-of-your-brain-with-coconut-oil-ketones/

• I don't think you'll find a cheaper alternative to the Upgraded MCT oil - buy 3 and it's only $26 a bottle plus shipping.  Way worth it for me - I put 3-4 tbsps in my coffee every day.

• There's a cheaper mct oil by now foods, they also have it in soft geek form. The upgraded mct is the best quality however. I don't notice a difference between the two honestly.

• There's a cheaper mct oil by now foods, they also have it in soft geek form. The upgraded mct is the best quality however. I don't notice a difference between the two honestly.

I didn't say that there doesn't exist a cheaper alternative, but nobody on this board has vouched for it being a better buy.  The only comparable MCT that I'm aware of is Friedlanders which is more expensive.

• Thanks everyone for your input, you guys are an awesome help to me. I will grab a bottle of the upgradded MCTand test and what comes of it.

• Hey Dave, hey folks:on

I also have a (prepurchase) question regarding the Upgraded MCT-Oil:

Can anyone tell me / is the information available of how the different length fatty chains are %tually spreaded in the Upgraded MCT?

For example: on a prodcut I found in a local store it says:

Capron(acid) (C 6:0) < 2%

Capryl(acid) (C 8:0) 50-65%

Caprin(acid) (C 10:0) 30-45%

Laurin(acid) (C12:0) <3%

Myrsitin(acid) (C 14:0) <1%

Is there a similar chart available for the upgraded MCT-oil?

---

PS: Where on the Forumpage is the "Create a new thread" - Button?! I didn't find it. Or is that because they wan't you to have a certain number of posts before opening own threads?

• Upgraded MCT is only C8 and C10, from the label of the stuff you have there it looks like it is around 95% C8 and C10 also, so I would guess you could use it and consider it fairly comparable.

• I didn't say that there doesn't exist a cheaper alternative, but nobody on this board has vouched for it being a better buy. The only comparable MCT that I'm aware of is Friedlanders which is more expensive.

I don't want to be this guy and I know this was a while ago but you actually did say that you didn't think you could find a cheaper alternative.
  • It should be implied that I meant of a similar quality - I'm unconvinced about the Now brand being of similar quality but I do stand corrected regarding the community's view on it.