Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Mct Oil *taste*

Has anyone noticed a plastic taste from the Upgraded MCT oil?  I know it comes in a plastic bottle and my regular MCT oil comes oin glass....  My glass bottle MCT oil's taste is pretty nutural.  The Taste from the Upgraded stuff also makes my BP coffee taste a little different too....  I don't think it mixes as well....

Thought's?

- Dan

- Dan
★彡On the path of optimal health...... B)
★"Keeping it real"★
Love to learn, study and apply Nutrition, Health and Athleticism for a Superhuman Life.

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭

Mine's fine

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• It might not be plastic that you are tasting. Not all MCT oils are created equally. There are different chains and different purities. Maybe those are two reasons why Dave's tastes different than other company's products.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• mmejoannammejoanna ✭✭ ✭✭

Mine's okay, too. BTW I finally tried it on sushi. I got some at Whole Foods (just avocado and cucumber) and dipped it in MCT with salt, it was good! 

• edited October 2013

Has anyone noticed a plastic taste from the Upgraded MCT oil?  I know it comes in a plastic bottle and my regular MCT oil comes oin glass....  My glass bottle MCT oil's taste is pretty nutural.  The Taste from the Upgraded stuff also makes my BP coffee taste a little different too....  I don't think it mixes as well....

Thought's?

- Dan

Dan,

When did you purchase your MCT? I ordered 3 bottles at the beginning of September and it tasted and even smelled like plastic horribly! I have purchased many bottles of mct from Bulletproof before these 3, and they all had no taste. When I emailed customer service about it, we determined it may have gotten much too warm in the delivery process (the day before it got delivered to me it was 90+ degrees in Seattle). They sent me a return shipping label and I sent the unopened bottles back and they sent replacements. While I was waiting for them to come, I bought a bottle off of my friend who had an extra, and it tasted like nothing (a very good thing). When I opened my first replacement bottle yesterday, it made my coffee taste terrible AGAIN! I think there's something wrong with the batch this month or something. Emailing customer service about it again today. I'm glad there's someone else with this issue!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. --Arthur Schopenhauer

• I did the same....  order 3 bottles to stock up....  I ordered it during the summer months and yes it gets hot here  90-100 degree's....  Perhaps I should contact customer service as well.....

I am on my second bottle now and it is the same.

Thanks for the tip.

- Dan
    ★"Keeping it real"★
    Love to learn, study and apply Nutrition, Health and Athleticism for a Superhuman Life.

• Having trouble getting a response from customer service on how to return this stuff for an exchange....  Any suggestions?

- Dan
    ★"Keeping it real"★

• Just cracked open the 1st of my most recent 3-pack - it arrived around 3 weeks ago.  No issue with smell or taste whatsoever.

• Wish someone from customer service could help me......

- Dan
    ★"Keeping it real"★

• Hi Danco3636, the fastest way to get a response from customer support is to write in from this form: http://bulletproofexec.com/contact

Our team will take care of any problem for you there.

As for the plastic taste. A few people have written in regarding this issue and we're taking it VERY seriously. If anyone doubts the quality or integrity of their Upgraded MCT Oil, we will refund or replace the bottle fully, no shipping fees, no questions asked. Please just write into Customer Support with the form above and describe the problem.

We're looking into this issue and we are working with every manager, of every step of the chain, to fix this problem.

I personally have not noticed anything wrong with my MCT, but I have not ordered it most recently, so it could be a specific batch issue.

We'll update you as soon as we've pinpointed the problem. Again, if you try your MCT and doubt it's flavor or anything, please write into us and we'll refund or replace it as quickly as possible.

http://bulletproofexec.com/contact

• No glass, no buy.

Out of curiosity, which brand do you buy?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. --Arthur Schopenhauer

• Brain Octain...  Customer service got back to me and sent replacements....  Much better stuff....

- Dan
    ★"Keeping it real"★

• Just ordered the Octain during the sale. I've been using up a open bottle of MCT, but now you have me wondering. I'll have to check mine. MCT has always been great so far though.
  • Ordered a bottle of the brain octane a few weeks back. Got it towards the end of October. No plastic smell. The taste is actually less noticeable than my NOW MCT oil.

• All is good with the new shipments now.... Love the stuff but wish it came in glass bottles.

- Dan
    ★"Keeping it real"★

• I tried my first batch today came in about 1.4 weeks. Missing one bag from the kit, but it's cool. I'm sure I'll get the other by the time I finish this one.

But the mct oil does smell quite bad. First try without butter in blender perfectly measured and all... Tasted absolutely wretched. I'm not sure if it is my taste buds or what. I'm used to cafe bustelo from these wild hispanics all around me.

And now that I read the thread, but oil does smell a bit plasticy. Also, I blended the coffee and tsp of oil for like 20-34 seconds, there was no fusion. The oil eventually sat on the top, not in it's original state, but you can tell it was the oil.

Any pointers or something?