Lack Of Dreams

Is having no dreams, or not remembering dreams, a bad thing? I seem to remember my dreams about once a month. Anything I can do to change this?

Comments

• edited September 2013

Is having no dreams, or not remembering dreams, a bad thing? I seem to remember my dreams about once a month. Anything I can do to change this?

Perhaps you are lacking in vitamin B6 (and perhaps B12).

• Buy some Alpha Brain. Use the codeword ROGAN to save 10% off any and all supplements. 

www.onnit.com 

No sorcery, just science. 

• I will be taking B6 and B12 for completely different reasons.  I don't dream a whole lot, or remember my dreams.  I'll let you know if taking those increases my dreaming.  

Mary

• oh, I forget it as soon as I wake up.

zincsulfate from Rech Chemical Co.Ltd. :ugeek:

• Same thing happens to me when i eat very low carb/high fat

• I would just make sure that your sleep process is rather strict; going to bed at the same time, waking up at the same time.

I find that when I sleep off schedule, I usually have little to no dreams.

• ZMA or taking a combination of zinc citrate, magnesium and P-5-P will restore dreams (and very vidid ones) along with a tribulus terrestris supplement. If you have low testosterone and/or high cortisol (they have an inverse relationship) you usually don't have very good REM sleep. Testosterone rises just before REM sleep. That combination of supplements will help to support its synthesis and restores dreams. Some people find they have to cycle the ZMA to keep dreaming. 

• I've just started using Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil, it's really triggered an active dream life for me.  I accidentally spilled some last night, and so as not to waste it, I just applied what was still on my counter.  Not only did I  remember all my dreams, but when I woke up, my mind kept on flying onto to tangents as if I were still asleep, which was very bizarre.  So aim for the recommended dose.  It does sting a bit, but not a deal breaker for me. 

• I've just started using Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil, it's really triggered an active dream life for me.  I accidentally spilled some last night, and so as not to waste it, I just applied what was still on my counter.  Not only did I  remember all my dreams, but when I woke up, my mind kept on flying onto to tangents as if I were still asleep, which was very bizarre.  So aim for the recommended dose.  It does sting a bit, but not a deal breaker for me. 

Welcome to Lucid Dreaming! Have fun with that, some people have to try really hard and long to get into that state. You can also use it as a stage in advanced meditation - idea being to become aware of and examine what arises when you are dreaming and thereby gain further insight.

• ^^^ I hadn't thought of it that way, it would be a great chance to get into lucid dreaming, thanks for the insight.
  • I took some magnesium last night.  I will agree with the vivid dreams.  They were amazing actually!  I only took 50mg. 

How long should one stay on a magnesium supplement?

• Evan BrandEvan Brand Writer and Explorer

I've used valerian root before and have had some of the most intense dreams of my entire life. Supposedly you can have nightmares from valerian, but I haven't.

Evan Brand, NTP, CPT

Functional Medicine Practitioner and Podcast Host at NotJustPaleo.com

Author of REM Rehab and Stress Solutions

• Glycine.