Reheat In Microwave?

Is it okay to reheat BPC in microwave to get it a little hotter?

Comments

• Personally I think it's better than throwing it, but not ideal as Jason says.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

In the mean time though i'd consider looking for a better thermos?

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• I bought the travel mug from the Bulletproof store.  Okay, I thought it was pricey, but it keeps my coffee hot for a very long time.  It kicks butt over any of the $12 or $15 Starbucks travel mugs and others I own (I love coffee, maybe a little too much).  Seriously, your coffee stays hot for several hours.  So it has ended up being worth the $30.

Mary

I bought the travel mug from the Bulletproof store.  Okay, I thought it was pricey, but it keeps my coffee hot for a very long time.  It kicks butt over any of the $12 or $15 Starbucks travel mugs and others I own (I love coffee, maybe a little too much).  Seriously, your coffee stays hot for several hours.  So it has ended up being worth the $30.

I have one very similar to it that i bought at costco and they are pretty wicked. the seal on it is invaluable, i don't know how i lived with my old mug, probably with burnt hands that's how.

Guitarist:

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Drink it a bit quicker so it doesn't go cold ;-)

• Like to hear the reason why it's going cold. I drink mine too quickly and it's gone way too soon :-(

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I bought the travel mug from the Bulletproof store.  Okay, I thought it was pricey, but it keeps my coffee hot for a very long time.  It kicks butt over any of the $12 or $15 Starbucks travel mugs and others I own (I love coffee, maybe a little too much).  Seriously, your coffee stays hot for several hours.  So it has ended up being worth the $30.

I have a Contigo mug too, I really like the seal. (I bought it from Amazon before the Bulletproof version came out).   Although my Hydroflask keeps coffee hot much longer, the Contigo is much easier to use. 

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

I have the same question as the original poster. I have a decent mug, but I make a fresh pot and only use about half, the same day. I then heat it only to the point where I can slam it if I want to. I know microwaves are NOT bulletproof, but at the mo, I don't have an alternative.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• RodRod The Rodfather

I honestly think the oils will oxidize, I wouldn't! Just but a little water in a pan and heat it up, it will be quick! 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• When I was first looking into BP Coffee and viewing all the videos I could find about how others made the coffee, I came across something called Coffee Joulies.  They are quite expensive, but may be a good investment for someone who drinks their coffee slowly.  I don't have any and drink my coffee so quickly, I wouldn't need them, but thought it may be worth mentioning.  Just look up "Coffee Joulies" in Google or Amazon and you will find them.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

If you know it will go cold, make it with less water, like with an espresso shot of coffee. Then later on you'll have this concentrated BPC that you can add boiling water to which will dilute it to a normal cup and also heat it up. I've done this before when trying to bring BPC with me to work. It tastes fine but separates a little, so I bought one of those little coffee whisk things. Problem solved!

If you know it will go cold, make it with less water, like with an espresso shot of coffee. Then later on you'll have this concentrated BPC that you can add boiling water to which will dilute it to a normal cup and also heat it up. I've done this before when trying to bring BPC with me to work. It tastes fine but separates a little, so I bought one of those little coffee whisk things. Problem solved!

Genius!

Guitarist:

• I have a Contigo mug too, I really like the seal. (I bought it from Amazon before the Bulletproof version came out).   Although my Hydroflask keeps coffee hot much longer, the Contigo is much easier to use. 

These exact same Contigo mugs that Dave sells are available at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $25. Obviously they dont have the same cool BP logo on them, but otherwise, same thing.

• If you are at work, and must.. 20-40 seconds top. 

Obviously evidence (and Dave's statements) have pointed towards the questionable and risky nature of what a microwave will actually do to something you are about to ingest. A reputable Chinese herbalist I've seen over the years states for minimal amounts of time, for heating liquids only - that microwaves are fine.

I don't agree with it, and would always recommend to use a stove and reheat items in a small pot. 

Guessing you are at work - get a GOOD insulated travel mug. You can find a good keep-warm travel mug for $10, no need to spend anything more than that.

It's time to get grassfed baby!

Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWev8LYc9i0GIGDflIg-j1w

And maybe check out my barely ever updated but soon to be updated site: www.grassfedjeff.com

• My BPC coffee is practically room temperature right after I blend the Butter and MCT Oil. Am I using too much water? I did 1.5 ounces of water per 2.5 TBSP of Coffee.

• Monser - Put hot water into your blender whilst your coffee is being made. Then dump the hot water out of the blender just before you put the coffee/butter/mct in to blend. It'll keep the mixture hotter for longer, since you won't be blending hot coffee against the sides of a cold blender.

• Preheat your thermos too.  I think it's better to drink it warm or cold rather than ruin it in the microwave.

• Thank Garret,

But what about my ratios of water to coffee? What do you guys do? I read on intro to BPC that you do you 2 TBSP per 6 ounces?? Seems very little water for the amount of coffee? DO you guys follow the instructions to the tee? Or have you guys found our own ratios that work for you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file