Most Bulletproof Way To Study For Final Exams

I have exams next week and I have been stressing about which would be the best way to study. To read the 17 chapters everyday and risk informatiom overload or use the notes from class and risk information underload. I drink bp coffee, take piracetam with aniracetam and alphabrain, and have a good overall diet. Suggestions would help an infinite amount

Comments

• What classes are they?
  • Anthropology nutrition and biology!
  • Well at this stage in the game it's too late to read the textbook in its entirety and make sense of it. Use the book for clarification and diagrams.

Your notes should give you a good guide of the most important topics. Actively study what your notes are about and draw things out including flow charts and anything to connect dots, add context and make the topics more interesting.

This also assumes that you have kept up over the semester and are mostly reviewing and not learning.

Also a huge part of test performance is getting enough sleep , not over studying and reducing stress.

Do not over study and over stress. This is how purple bomb tests. Good luck
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    Eat lots of fat (I.e. Bulletproof coffee) and especially egg yolks in the morning (since you're using up choline with the smart drugs).

Another tip from the 4 hour chef is to study in 45 minute blocks with a break in between. You'll have better retention that way.

It's probably too late now but the memory palace technique might be something to use in the future!
  • AndreasAndreas ✭✭
    edited December 2013

PhotoReading - learn it from the book in 10 minutes and give yourself the ability to read, retain, and review information at a rate of about 2 pages per second.

Oasis Pro double frequency CES device set to gamma frequencies -- great for studying, probably even better stacked with PhotoReading.  This could really help if your professors will let you test with a pair of electrodes clipped to your ears.

• Thanks everyone for your help I appreciate it! Ill read the book once and stick with notes! And yeah I read Tim Ferris' s book and totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder!
  • One other thing that may help.  Just like orange-tinted, blue-light-blocking glasses can help one fall asleep, blue-tinted or purple-tinted glasses can help one stay alert.  I use them for driving.  

You can often find them as "shooting" glasses, Baretta makes some nice purple ones ( http://www.berettausa.com/products/shooting-glasses/soc310001/) for less than $20.00.  Worth a try for both studying and taking exams.

• Focus on the stuff you don't know as well this close to your exams. If you have any tests from earlier in the semester use those as a study guide to figure out what you need to study.
  • The way I studied for tests in University was to read the chapter summary then go back and read the chapter and focus on what you either didn't know or focus on what you do know and just hammer those points down big time.

The other way is to look at all the big headings and read that information, most teachers in university I found focus on the big ideas and not the small ones.

Also take those headings and big points and summarize them into a 1-2 sentence summary. That way when you review just before your test you remember more about the rest of the concepts and can make you think of points you may have forgotten.

Now that I am in a technical school I read over the chapter once and do all the practice bank questions we are given, I see what I don't know and I go back to the chapters and find where that information is and learn it.

My next semester of school here I plan on putting down 5 key points each day and reviewing them till I know them, instead of cramming at the end of the semester like I have been.

Former high school teacher, Bachelor of Physical Education and Bachelor of Education, currently in Power Engineering Technology coming out of class with a 3rd class designation, for anyone who is wondering.

• deeperdeeper
    edited December 2013

Nice! I'm working towards my 4th class ;) Former Bachelor of Commerce, Masters of Education.

The way I studied for tests in University was to read the chapter summary then go back and read the chapter and focus on what you either didn't know or focus on what you do know and just hammer those points down big time.

The other way is to look at all the big headings and read that information, most teachers in university I found focus on the big ideas and not the small ones.

Also take those headings and big points and summarize them into a 1-2 sentence summary. That way when you review just before your test you remember more about the rest of the concepts and can make you think of points you may have forgotten.

Now that I am in a technical school I read over the chapter once and do all the practice bank questions we are given, I see what I don't know and I go back to the chapters and find where that information is and learn it.

My next semester of school here I plan on putting down 5 key points each day and reviewing them till I know them, instead of cramming at the end of the semester like I have been.

Former high school teacher, Bachelor of Physical Education and Bachelor of Education, currently in Power Engineering Technology coming out of class with a 3rd class designation, for anyone who is wondering.

• Looks like you are in the right city to be taking power engineering ;)

I am doing mine out of sait, 4 more months and I already have a job lined up and waiting for me when I graduate.  Have you got any of your firing time done?

• 2 Absa tests before I do   :eek:

2014 I will. 

• Oh, poor thing! You should have been studying it during the whole term! Next time be more careful and attentive. The teachers are kinder on the exam if you have passed all the essays. Try to write them all or ever order on RapidEssay if you have lack of time.

• JoWee, I agree with you, but are you sure that this is a good decision to use some special services and not to pay attention to your education at all? I have had a discussion with my friend from ninja essay company and he told me that they have more and more customers every month. Do you think this is a normal situation?