Strange Experiences With Coffee....

man i dunno what it is but i just tried two trader joe brand organic bean coffee.  i ground them just before brewing and served shortly after.  one brand's south america and other's ethiopia.  they both left bad experiences and ruined some days.  initially after consumption , smaller headache hit me compared to better brands then it eventually turn into a weird mental feel.

anyone got  similar experiences?

i know asprey talked about mold developing and so on in bad processing of coffee bean so i dunno...

by comparison, bpc hasn't produce super buzz effect with me but it was at least acceptable.  and there this hk premixed coffee i found at local asian market that produced some buzz too. 

anyone have some good coffee brands to recommend that give good /strong buzz and no bad effects?

Comments

• Bp brand is the only coffe I've used for the bp coffee process but I totally feel the effects of it. How long did u use bp brand? Were u following the process for bp coffee? Have u ever had the buzz u were looking for with any other coffee brands?
  • It sounds like you were using non-Bulletproof brand coffee beans. You were then getting headaches.

This line confused me a bit - "by comparison, bpc hasn't produce super buzz effect with me but it was at least acceptable.  and there this hk premixed coffee i found at local asian market that produced some buzz too. - When you say 'BPC' does that mean that you have you bought beans from the Bulletproof Website, ground them, then made true Bulletproof Coffee with them as your base? Or are you referring to BPC as simply 'coffee with MCT oil and GF butter'?

If it's the latter, you may want to consider getting the true beans from the site. It's not always about a super strong buzz. Moreso, it's about the clarity that is to come with true BPC, from using quality beans. :) The buzz is a perk of it, but not the main focus.

• If you want a buzz just take some Rhodiola.  Same rule applies....not after 2pm

• If you want a buzz just take some Rhodiola. Same rule applies....not after 2pm

Off topic but; Rhodiola in your BPC is pretty good. its the best delivery method i've found for masking the taste of the powder.

• It sounds like you were using non-Bulletproof brand coffee beans. You were then getting headaches.

This line confused me a bit - "by comparison, bpc hasn't produce super buzz effect with me but it was at least acceptable.  and there this hk premixed coffee i found at local asian market that produced some buzz too. - When you say 'BPC' does that mean that you have you bought beans from the Bulletproof Website, ground them, then made true Bulletproof Coffee with them as your base? Or are you referring to BPC as simply 'coffee with MCT oil and GF butter'?

If it's the latter, you may want to consider getting the true beans from the site. It's not always about a super strong buzz. Moreso, it's about the clarity that is to come with true BPC, from using quality beans. :) The buzz is a perk of it, but not the main focus.

actually if you mean clarity as in improved cognition, no bpc hasn't been producing that for me. it just ok in terms of cognition boost.  buzz is important i reckon, if you don't feel good on coffee, why even bother?

i used to have this real powerful buzz instant coffee.  i'm only looking elsewhere cuz that brand got screwed up in quality.  it had some distinctive elements.  the headaches coincided with cognition boost , it also delivered mad euphoria.  i was like euphoric 365 days in the year, no threat of depression whatsoever, unfazed even by difficult situations.  kinda invincible sensation, and very effect on the learning process.    i don't know how the company screwed up...

doesn't seem anybody has mentioned anything that powerful yet....or nobody here experienced anything that powerful...